Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nice to know there is such a great website for the wing.
I am deciding between two bikes.
One is a 2008 nav/premium sound/abs heated grips and seats with 9,400 miles for 16K price(red color) also 4 year extended warranty.

The other is same except no abs or extended warranty and only 1,200 miles (maroon color)
16K price.

Is it worth the extra miles to get the one with abs?
Regards.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Wings like to run. The diff in mileage shouldn't even be considered IMHO. I think others will agree. Good luck and ride safe,
Strat

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
Go ABS they have saved my butt 2x now and the miles are nothing and nice to see you here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Go ABS they have saved my butt 2x now and the miles are nothing and nice to see you here.
Thanks for the advice...I have read many threads about ABS on the Goldwings and I'm amazed that Honda didn't make it standard for every wing they assembled...38% better survival rate than non-ABS...all about the money...Regards

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
ABS for sure. Sounds like a good deal. Mileage should not be an issue...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
My '09 is an ABS model, my St1300 wasn't and to be completely honest, I can't tell the difference in normal circumstances. During my familiarization with the ST (coming off a custom cruiser) I practiced emergency braking expecting dramatically sharp response since the two bikes were so radically different in preformance, ST never surprised or got squirrely under panic stops (ok 'simulated') and doning the same on tyhe Wing has proven just as manageable. Never had the ABS activate yet, but I'll be glad for it if it does. As mentioned above, Goldwing mileage is almost a non issue often measured in 100k increments so no worries there. Built for the loooooong haul these babies are! Welcome to GWOF.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello john, welcome to GWOF. 9400 miles on a wing = 0 miles on a wing, its just past its first oil change

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
Hay John did you pick 1, come on I NEED to know.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new Wing.
Post some pics when you can.

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Thannkyou for letting us know which one you brought. Enjoy you new to you bike. Eric

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
You are the man have fun and be safe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts