Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in south Texas we have to deal with clouds of butterfly's. Yseterday as we were riding home to McAllen from San Antonio we rode through a "storm" of butterfly's that had the appearance of a black snowstorm. Now besides the obvious bug splatters that end up all over the front end, one thing I noticed as a first time wing owner is all the trapped dead butterfly's in behind my front speaker grills. Does anyone have a good method for removing removing them? Is there something I can do to close up the opening behind the front speakers?

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Here in south Texas we have to deal with clouds of butterfly's. Yseterday as we were riding home to McAllen from San Antonio we rode through a "storm" of butterfly's that had the appearance of a black snowstorm. Now besides the obvious bug splatters that end up all over the front end, one thing I noticed as a first time wing owner is all the trapped dead butterfly's in behind my front speaker grills. Does anyone have a good method for removing removing them? Is there something I can do to close up the opening behind the front speakers?
Get a set of foam tunnel fillers. That will keep the speakers clean. http://wingstuff.com/shop/?keyword=Tunnel+fillers. Or perhaps get some foam and cut to size to fill the aperture.

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Restricted Radiator -

Don't forget to check for any air flow restriction or buildup that may be caught in your radiators as well. I haven't run into that many butterflys but I have seen a similar issue with the spring time swarms of "Love Bugs" that can blacken the front of your bike as well.

Michael

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same problem with grass because the lawn maggots blow all the clippings onto the roadway and I have no choice but to ride through it. I used compressed air to get most of it out. Not sure how that would work on dead butters though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.