Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me start by stating that my mechanical electrical skills when it comes to the Goldwing are limited and I usually let the pros deal with my bike, I did however install some minor things myself (utopia backrest and fog/running lights in the lower cowl), so please don't bash me because I have limited skills, I am trying to improve them and that starts by asking for help.

So I want to install a Bushtec trailer wiring harness on the bike and remove the existing one. The instruction sheet provided has 13 steps and most seem straight forward however there is a fuse holder with a red wire running out of each side and for the life of me I can not figure out how or where that is to be installed.

does anyone have a video or photo diagram on how to install this "Bushtec" harness.

thanks

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sorry, I don't usually follow directions unless it is totally plug n play. Most times I have my own wiring plan in my mind. I like to throw in some simple tricks for that WOW effect.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Doesn't the instruction tell you. If the instruction don't mention it I wouldn't worry about it, unless it is to prrovide power to a fuse block. ??????

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I don't have a Bushtec but I did go to their site "www.bushtec.com" and under support found this. The picture they show for the wiring harness has a fused HoT(red) wire that most probably goes to the battery. The wiring harness runs directly off the battery and not off the bikes electrical system. Anyway, this is what I dug up....

What is the configuration of the Bushtec electrical system?

All Bushtec trailers are built with a 6 wire electrical harness. This system is designed to support separate signal feeds from the motorcycle for optimal visibility at the rear of the trailer. Color codes are as follows:

Green- Taillights
Blue- Brake
Yellow- Right Turn
Brown- Left Turn
White- Ground
Black- Interior Light (auxiliary)

Bushtec trailers feature an auxiliary lead that allows the interior light to be run on a separate lead that can be connected via a 12V hot source on the motorcycle. However, we recommend that the interior light be run in conjunction with the taillights to assure that it is turned off when the ignition is turned off, thereby eliminating the possibility of drawing down the battery due to a 12V hot light source. This auxiliary lead can also be used through a switched circuit for the addition of auxiliary lighting on the trailer, such as LED’s or neon.

Maybe this would help you....:notworthy: Isaac

·
Registered
168 Posts
I used Bushtec's isolater wiring harness. Its a plug and play that I think runs off the battery and not the bikes electrical system. I found the instructions vauge and confusing. This was last year and I think I found something on you tube that cleared some things up. So a red wire with an inline fuse has to be your power thats conected to your battery. I wish I had more to offer but thats all I remember. I had to do it right because the lights work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.