Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to suggest a BuRP ("Buh lou" is how it is pronounced here) ride in September of this year and see who is interested. By the name given, beer may be involved.

I propose we set a range of dates that covers an entire week like,
Sept 8th thru the 16th.

The Parkway is long. For those who have time, they could ride end to end. For those with less time, they could join a part of the tour. For the Candy Arse people, they can show up on a given day and wave the the rest as they go by. Either way, maybe we can get more involved at some level. Everyone might not see everyone else but we could work out some evening stops and have a few hoot-nannies along the tour.

I myself won't have an entire week but might, if lucky, find 3 or 4 days.

Whatcha all think?

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts
Your plan sounds great but keep in mind that the Eric & Vanessa show will be in PA. on the 3rd week in August. Some of the people that were at the 1st ride down there are planning to meet the Aussie mates. Might be a stretch for some.

By the way, having said that why don't you & the missus hitch along to that train & C'MON UP!:D

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Here's the thing L2R...If you set a BRP, I will be there if at all possible.

My plan was to slab to Front Royal, Va on a Friday (9 hours). Ride south on the BRP to Asheville on Saturday (8 hours) and Head home from Asheville on Sunday (5 hours). I might could add a Monday to break up the BRP.

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
If it involes Beer I'm in

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I was planning to take My Bodyguard up to The Dragon and catch some of the BRP in mid to late Sept this year... the location is confirmed but the dates are not. Perhaps if timing is right we could be part of the plan

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
What about early July? Remember, I am teacher.....wide open for June and July

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
What about early July? Remember, I am teacher.....wide open for June and July
Most teachers I know cut grass for extra cash I the summer , do you do anything while your off?

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Most teachers I know cut grass for extra cash I the summer , do you do anything while your off?
I ref.....something year round. I teach 2 days a week of summer school.

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
I ref.....something year round. I teach 2 days a week of summer school.
Wow sometimes my brain don't remember stuff lol , forgot about you Reffing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts