Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I ride my 2002 goldwing on a small pothole or any minor bump on the road , both myself and my wife can feel the bump real hard. We are not seeing this on my 2001 ST1100 with progressive springs. The suspension setting on the wing with a pair of new tires is set at 15. Any suggestions to help make my ride a bit smoother?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
First welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. The lower the setting the softer the ride. The problem is at a low setting the bike may bottom out, which may be what you are experiencing. A higher setting will eliminate that. I usually have my 09 set at 15 for one up riding and 25 for two up. You might try that. Also, depending on how many miles are on the bike you may need to think about shock /spring replacements.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like you need a Traxxion Dynamics suspension upgrade.
The stock suspension on the GL1800 is garbage. Consider upgrading. It will make all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Let's not forget about the front. I have a 1500,i run 1.5psi in the front,makes all the difference for me. I run 25-28 in rear 1up,32-38 2up and depending how much stuff on board,and weight of passenger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts