Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the Wing to bed today, sure wish I could handle the cold better I would be out year round.:(:(

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm in NE OH. I had my '06 in the shop last winter and missed out on the 60 and 70 degree days. Not gonna do it this year.
I'm good down to low 30's with some Tourmaster gear and comfort package, at least for the 30 minute ride to work.
Get some gear and be ready for the mild weather this winter!

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
i was just thinking of calling you to see howy ou are, thanks for checking in my friend. i haven't put the 1500 up for winter. if its not raining wednsday i'm riding

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was just thinking of calling you to see howy ou are, thanks for checking in my friend. i haven't put the 1500 up for winter. if its not raining wednsday i'm riding
We have rain at least through Thursday but who know what the hurricane will stir up.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Have Stabl in the fuel, but still hoping to get in a few short rides.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Feel sorry for you guys. We now have our best riding all the way through next May.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Hi Nohandles! Good to hear from you again! Sorry it has to be this topic!:mad:

I'm still stubbornly holding out for a 3-day shot of 60s for some final riding for this year. It can happen in Minnesota in the fall.:rolleyes:

Dan, I lived in the Charlotte, NC area for 10 years and remember late fall-early spring riding. Very nice. And, we didn't even have the brutal summers that you deal with. I'm happy you have several comfortable months of riding ahead of you! Share trip reports and photos for the GWOFers who are or soon will be waiting for Spring!

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Dan, I lived in the Charlotte, NC area for 10 years and remember late fall-early spring riding. Very nice. And, we didn't even have the brutal summers that you deal with. I'm happy you have several comfortable months of riding ahead of you! Share trip reports and photos for the GWOFers who are or soon will be waiting for Spring!
Thanks for the heads up Kevin. Yes the brutal heat is finally over here. Charlotte sounds like a nice place to live. Wouldn't it be great to have a place north and south for year round riding in comfort; Goldwing Heaven. BTW, long range forecast through next year indicate above average temperatures after the first of the year. Never say never for 2013 winter riding.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Mine gets more down time during the hot summer as I can't tolerate the heat. As long as the roads are dry and clear of snow and/or ice, I ride more through the Fall, Winter & Spring than in the Summer.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I hear you nohandles, put mine in for a long winter's nap. Way back in the day, being barely able to afford insurance, I had the option of a 3 month or a 5 month lay up. I got the 5 month as I rarely rode in Nov. and we know what most of Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar. have in store for us. Even April can be down right chilly and wet to ride. I didn't ride in April at all this year and very little in May. I think I miss more days during the rest of the season than to worry about the few during those five months. I'm thinking though, that year round coverage may be in the picture soon enough. Heated clothing has become affordable, income has gone up a bit and Florida is calling, even if for a week.

If we can't get out to ride because we are up to our butthole in snow, we can still chat with others around the world who just might be able to get out and ride.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Come on down here, riding is great year round. With the onshore breeze during the summer, riding is good during the summer too. It just doesn't get too hot, or too cold to ride. Talk about the best of both worlds. Trying to figure a way to put the Wing on a boat and take her Island Hopping!!
Rusty

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
i'm ready to go riding, i just renewed my insurance last week and there is no snow, ice, or salt on the roads

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ride it year around. This summer, rode in 105- 110 F. Today rode in 41 F. Have rode as low as 17 F. Thank God for Texas. Love Riding, Love Texas

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.