Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When riding I have the problem with lots of bugs getting inside my speaker grills on my 2007 Goldwing. Even a large butterfly. Bought bike new and first dealer service they removed bugs, but didn't seem to know how they were getting in. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I believe there are openings where the speakers are. They are for drainage so the junk may be getting there. I just wash the grills and the stuff goes away. You may need to raise the grill for big stuff. Good luck and ride safe..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
they get in at the bottom of the speakers, there is a gap you can feel if you reach under the dash with your fingers. You could stuff a piece of foam in there or just lift the dash up at the point between the radio and the dash and let the bugs fall out, they will usually fall out if you blow on them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Got my first big leaf in the speaker grill yesterday. It amaises me how a large leaf got inside a small grill. All i done was raise the grill slightly and used my hair dryer to blow it out. Lessen learnt, never leave home without your hair dryer, you never know when it will come in handy :D

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Don't plug up any openings in that area. Openings are to let water drain out!
No need to take anything apart. Don't use a leaf blower-to much force on speakers!
Air compressor set @ 10psi placed along the upper area of the speaker grille pointed somewhat down so it's not blowing directly on the speaker will clean out the "stuff".

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The water will still drain, here is a picture of where the bugs get in, put a piece of foam on each side and that will take care of the problem. You can put your finger in there and feel the opening.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Hey Guys, Whats a hair dryer?
Common nickname for a force-fed induction system called a turbo charger LOLOLOLOL!
Sorry, my bad; couldn't help myself:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts