Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you have an RC so you might like this. Not much video, but its all I had of my friend Salsa.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Looks like just another "normal" day of riding for you.. Nice video. You'll get him next time I'm sure.... Ride safe..

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Thanks Dookoo, might just be the closest I ever get to Laguna on my RC51. I forget what your track bike is (R6?) but have you ever had a chance to ride an RC? If your buddy Salsa offers, you should take it for a few laps, I'd be curious as to your thoughts. I don't ride track but I love the RC on the backroads. Something about the RC is they don't like sudden changes in line by unskilled operators, they'll chew you up and spit you out if mistreated that way, quite unforgiving really:eek:. It's why lots of them get binned when the riders aren't up to snuff on them. Helps keep the value of a clean one up there though!:cool:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dookoo, might just be the closest I ever get to Laguna on my RC51. I forget what your track bike is (R6?) but have you ever had a chance to ride an RC? If your buddy Salsa offers, you should take it for a few laps, I'd be curious as to your thoughts. I don't ride track but I love the RC on the backroads. Something about the RC is they don't like sudden changes in line by unskilled operators, they'll chew you up and spit you out if mistreated that way, quite unforgiving really:eek:. It's why lots of them get binned when the riders aren't up to snuff on them. Helps keep the value of a clean one up there though!:cool:
My track bike is a GSXR1000. I love the RC. The engine noises are intoxicating. I rode one often until my friend's RC was stolen from his garage.

JR1N3878.jpg

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Mine has Yoshimura stainless on it. I'd love a set of Satos but they're rare and very $$. There's a guy on the RC forum that might have a set for sale, but I don't know that I want to part with $1k for a set of used even if they are Satos. The bike came with the 15/41 sprockets and I really want to do the flapper and soft rev limiter mods. I put a carbon fiber hugger on it and have a Hotbodies undertail to do when I get around to it. Just got a brand new set of B'stone BT023's this morning so they'll go on May or June. Bought them now to avoid the price increase and Parts Canada had a discount offer so I got them for dead wholesale price. Want a PCIII as well, but then I have to take it into Edmonton and custom map it on a dyno so not sure if I'll get that done this year, runs so damn good the way it is. Love that rock steady torque and the solid planted feel of the bike. I've got a set of frame sliders (to prevent fairing damage in case of an oops) to go on when I do the tire swap too. Don't like the idea of cutting holes in the side fairing, but it's better than buying new if I get stupid and drop the thing. Going to head out to the Kootenays with the b-in-law (he rides a Superhawk) this June for a few days of canyon carving. I hope to have my movie camera glasses (waaay cool Christmas present) sorted out by then so should get some good vids of some of the riding. Will be bringing those on the Western Meet and Greet as well as the regular vid and still cameras. @ jeez, all this talk of riding and projects on the bike just closed in the walls another few degrees. I better get out on the Rush this w/e or I'll go crazy. Here's my winter scoot:

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Hey Dookoo, here's my "holy grail" of motorcycles. I rode one of these briefly in 1986. A buddy that I used to race snowmobiles with was a m/c mechanic and part time road racer. Let me take it for a brief spin. I shook from the adrenaline rush for about an hour afterward. Of course the understanding that I would cough up $25k to him if I crashed it was part of the shakes. It was one of 3 in Canada at the time. Abosolutely amazing machine. He laughed at my VF500 when he got off it when we traded back.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts