Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends 1500 got rear ended and he wants me to check it over with him. He says the saddle bags are moved forward. So I’m thinking ;
rear frame, mufflers, all plastic.

Most likely totaled, but give me a list I might not think of.

·
Super Moderator
11,599 Posts
The rear frame is a seperate piece on the 1500s. IF it didn't damage any of the mounting points to the main frame, it might be salvageable. If it didn't damage the wheel, the running gear should be fine. I can't really think of anything else that can't be easily replaced. Even the wiring to the back of the bike can be replaced, as most, if not all, of it goes through one plug.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It still ride’s!!! His trailer hitch took the brunt of it. Rear sub frame is bent, saddle bags are distorted (don’t open or close correctly). Tip over bars for saddlebags are bent. Trunk is ok. Trike shop was closed today. Call tomorrow for parts availability.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If you haven't done so already, I would be willing to bet................. if you unbolted the bags...... they will work just fine.
If I am remembering correctly part of the crash bar supports the bags.

·
Registered
86 Posts
my first thought was worst case.....IF the car made contact with the tire, did the drive shaft get slammed forward into the engine...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts