Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the bike, ME. Broke my foot carrying flowers up steps so my aunt could decorate 100+ graves for Memorial day. Missed a step. The md said he had good and bad news for me. The bad news is it is a bad brake and good news is its not a terrably bad one. Going to opperate next week. Looks like I will miss the better part of the good riding season. Should be good for the Dodge City Ralley. I now have plenty of time for restorations on the Green Wing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi man,
i feel sorry for you, just before season, but, look it the positive way, they can help you...., some people, they can not be helped...... ;-)

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Thanks for your honest statement that you were carrying flowers. The reason was worth the risk. I'd take a bullet for you; but not a broken foot. We'll look forward to seeing you here more often.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
sorry to hear about your foot my friend but on the bright side you can sit at the 'puter and run your post count up :)

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
lone, Hang in there. Hopefully docs will get you fixed up quick. Like our Doc says post more & hang loose, tell Ms Jeanne you can't risk doing further damage so all those Honey-Do items will have to wait.:D

Speedy recovery my friend.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I sat there in the waiting room with guys with no legs and felt really lucky. Jeanne is really sad for the pain and doesn't worry about the honney-dos. In fact, she gets real mad if I tra to do anything. However, I suffer from SAD and this entire eppisode has me on edge. My dad needs his place moowed and my aunt needs her fence repaired. I said I would do both. My dad is 92 and healthier than I am. The only medicine he takes is a daily vitemine. Sld his bikes two years ago. Like I said this gives me plenty of time to fix the uglies on the Green Wing.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Take the time to recoup and do what the doc says. Worst thing you can do is try to do too much too soon. Enjoy the time off as best you can and use time to plan future rides and locations you want to visit. I'd say ride safe..... but I guess for now I should say walk safe...

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Exactly correct Radar. We have to have perspective. :)

I hope foot heals well!!

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Rough break Lonewolftx (sorry for the pun). I have seven orthopods on my dossier so I feel for ya big time. Heal well buddy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Broke my shoulder last July. Doc wouldn't let me ride till end of September. We need a time machine to let us recover those days.
Hmmmmm? Honda came up with anti lock brakes, GPS, and Airbag options..... maybe they'll work on the time thing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts