Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just broke my mirror on my 2002 Gold Wing... Need some help it is only the mirror not the housing (juts the glass) Does anyone know where I can get just the mirror without buying the whole unit for $200?:confused:

Thanks
OORAH2

·
Registered
52 Posts
I needed to do the same thing on my 04. I ended up going to a glass shop and having one made for 45 dollars. It is not exact as the stock Honda mirror, but it works...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I broke the RH mirror (glass only) on my 2010. Long STUPID story! Found Honda does not sell just the glass which is nuts IMHO. A call to Honda of America was fruitless and a waste of my time. BP went up a bit during that call.
Searched all over the Net for a few days looking for someone selling just one OEM RH mirror only. No luck.
Ended up with the Muth mirrors (blue glass option) with LED signals built in. They are very nice. A pair costs about the same as 1 Honda mirror assy. Built in signals supposedly make the bike safer. UM, OK. Only negative I have is the Muth mirror glass does not have the black plastic trim like the OEM mirrors. They do fit perfectly and look fine without the trim.
The Muths are simple/quick to install. Less than an hour for both sides. Would I have bought them had I been able to find the OEM replacement glass with plastic mount for around $50? No, but I am happy with what I have now.
Rob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You All.......... Now I don't feel so dum , I'm not the only one who broke a mirror. The way to go is buy the new ones from Wing Stuff. New mirrors both sides with safety directionals - that works. One question, what type 1/4" tubing is everyone using? Where do you get it? Like always, I get the help here. Thanks

OORAH2

·
Registered
154 Posts
OORAH2,
I assume you are referring to others that put tubing around the edges of the Muth mirrors? I am guessing most used 1/4' vacuum hose that you can buy at any auto parts store. Just slit it lengthwise, wrap the mirrors and use a little super glue to connect the ends.
I didn't bother doing that to my Muths and they look fine without the edge trim. One thing I suggest is wrapping the wires in black electrical tape. If you don't and you don't route the wires neatly you may see them in the gap between mirror edge and housing.
Rob

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just broke my mirror on my 2002 Gold Wing... Need some help it is only the mirror not the housing (juts the glass) Does anyone know where I can get just the mirror without buying the whole unit for $200?:confused:

Thanks
OORAH2
I broke the left mirror on my "02" GL1800, loooong story. I got a replacement OEM from Babbit's Sports Center, LLC. on line. www.babbitsonline.com
They sell all Honda OEM parts at a discount. Mirror was a perfect color match and fit just like the original one. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I've been looking at the Muth mirrors and have them on my "wish list". Let me know how the installation goes...

·
Registered
402 Posts
I bought and installed the blue Muths just for the "cool" factor. :cool: 30 -40 minutes to install the set. Just one screw and one pigtail per side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts