Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to get a Concours 14 so my beautiful well maintained 08 Gold Wing is up for sale. It will have around 29,000 ,miles on it when I can sell it on Oct 18, 2010. I'm leaving town for a week and will be home then.
I can answer any question you might have while I'm gone and set up a date for you to look at it. Warranty is good until March 2011, ( you and get an extended warranty from HDL if you wish) you get all of this for only $16,950.00 Bike is in So. Calif, 951-654-4518 [email protected]
Pictures here=
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...2f12eb75ef82b5
It is the base model and handles beautifully. Very lightly pinned stripped
Oil changed every 3,000 and final drive oil changed every other oil change
Honda CB radio
All Balls head bearings
Trunk spoiler with brake light
Bridge stone tires, 6,000 on front 4,000 on rear, great shape no cupping
Chrome fairing scoop
Chrome front fender trim with turn signals
Chrome mirror trim
Chrome timing chain cover
Chrome valve covers
Chrome frame covers
Chrome pivot covers
Chrome and rubber battery side covers
Chrome passenger board
Chrome side reflector grill
Chrome trunk light moldings
Chrome saddlebag light moldings
Chrome master cylinder cover with gold eagle
Chrome CB cover
Chrome kill switch cover
Chrome exhaust turn downs
Chrome handlebar plugs
Chrome mirror back accent grills
Chrome drivers mini boards
Chrome & rubber key accent
Chrome fuel door accent
Chrome shark tooth fender accents
Tulsa mirror wings
Honda line trunk and saddle bag mats
Trunk Cubby holds
Utopia backrest
Heel/toe shifter
BMW style heated gear plug
Brake light conversion so all 4 trunk lights are brake lights
Extra long front fender extender
Cup holder
Grip puppies

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Oh no... Say it ain't so Joe.... Well, a man's got to do what a man's got to do. I'm sure your Wing will sell quickly. Did you post on the 1800 forum also? A great looking bike and well maintained I'm sure. Don't leave us when you get your new bike. Who will answer all of our technical questions. Good luck with your new Concours 14. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
In the spirit of Graigslist would you consider a barter?

I have 4 empty soup cans, (makes good nut/bolt container or 2 sets of telephones)

2 broken lawn mowers (can make good money selling parts)

old baby bed

factory packed parachute, LN (used only once)

1984 s10 pick up 220k miles, smokes bad but runs great, needs work. interior needs replaced. Pick up only-must remove neighbor's pit bull before removal.

pictures on request.

Seriously, good luck with the sale. I can't imagine you will have any problems selling it.
It is beautiful. It's history makes it sellable as well as obviously you have babied it.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow, Monday, for a week, so it MIGHT be my last Gold Wing ride. I'm waiting for a call from the Kawasaki shop. I offered the guy $11,400 out the door for a new 09 Concours, he asked the sales manager and they said that is an impossible price, they couldn't do it, the sales guy said he would ask the owner of the shop tomorrow (Sunday) and see what he says. I also called a shop in San Diego and they are working on a deal of the same price also. So only time will tell. If I don't get it for that price I'll keep my Wing, I really love it and it runs great.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Dang Joe... I just looked at a Concours on the Kawi website and I just don't get it. I don't know how it is for comfort, but it sure as heck ain't nearly as good looking and sleek as your current ride.

Hope you're not considering abandoning us here too since we rely heaviliy on you when something breaks or needs maintenance! :)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
As always, it's what rings the bell for the bike owner, not what others would suggest. I really value your insight, and if you say the 14 is for you, then you da man. I've ridden a 14 and while I preferred my ST's overall package (that's just me) the Connie is a superb ride. If I was to go back with a sport tourer, I'd look to a VFR 800 with bags and tail pack, just for the sound of that v-tech vee four sound, and its silky smoothness. Good luck to you on your deal(s). No chance of having two scoots?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Joe,
I don't know what you're thinking about, but Kaw 14 does have a few problems. My friend has one, and it stay in the shop all the time. But if you want a good deal on a Kaw, Temecula Motorsports has one for a good price. I think it was under $9K for a new 2009 or 2010. Good Luck my friend, and may the Goldwing blood run deep in your veins forever.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The best price I found on the internet for a new 09 was 9799 non ABS than after tax dealer prep and all the other fees it was $11,770 out the door. I told the guy I would give him $11,400 out the door, he asked his sales manager and he said that was impossible, well today he called me back and said I could have it for $11,400 OTD. But I'm having seconds on giving up my Gold Wing. It has everything I need and I would have to add so much to C14, tall windscreen, handlebar risers, CB, and stuff that you can't get for a C14 like a drivers backrest, highway pegs, crash bars etc.I think I talked myself into keeping my Wing.
As much as I would like to have 2 bikes, I just don't ride that much anymore to justify that. My 08 only has 26,000 miles on it now. But I'm leaving in the morning (Monday) for a trip to Colorado, I'll be back on Saturday.So I guess that will add another 2500 miles to the clock,

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EASYRIDER, Temecula motorsoprts has an 09 ABS on the internet for $14,299 and an 09 non ABS for $13,349, where did you see under $9,000 for an 09? Did you go to the shop? Thats a great deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts