Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I have a 2012 Navi-XM. Tires are wearing in and I am at the point of seeing what she can do. Whats with the fuel gauge? Seems like its hard to get it to the full mark and the gauge moves more rapidly than I thought. I guess it's a matter of getting used to.

Other thing: Wind buffeting. I rode 2 up and the comment was made that there was more wind than I thought there would be. Now I am looking at Windsheilds. The V Stream SE looks impressive to me. Does it really work?

Randy

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
hello randy, welcome to GWOF and congrats on the purchase of your new wing

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome to the site Randy. V-stream are very good windshields as well as a couple others such as Tulsa and Windbender, all a matter of choice really. On the stock screen, height adjustment is very important to wind control especially for the passenger as they typically sit higher with their head into the breeze. But it's still a m/c so there will be wind as our member Joe in Calif says. As to the breakin, there's different schools of thought out there, but I started out riding mine just the way I planned ot ride it all the time, same with my other two Wings and all my other bikes in the last 25 years. If you plan on 'riding it like you stole it' go for it as long as you can avoid the Leo's in the process;). One of the most critical items on breakin that is often ignored or never mentioned are the brakes. Pads and rotors need to be seated before any hard use as a rule.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. How about picture of your wing, we like pictures.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
My 09 fuel gauge goes all the way up to full. Maybe you should have that checked. May be a bad float or something..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Welcome to the GWOF. How about picture of your wing, we like pictures.
Pics are on my profile

If I sit up straight, the top of the stock w/s is at my mouth. My GF said there is too much wind back there and it is slapping her and we talked about going with a taller windsheild. The V Stream had a video that I saw on u tube that was pretty convincing. Another of a guy doing a how to of swapping out the w/s on a 2012 wing b/c he loved this w/s so much on his 2007. Want to see what others think

I need to do what I can to cut down the wind.

Those brakes stop on a dime. Handles very well

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
MR, as the boys have said many good choices. The one thing that has been mentioned here is that if you are to get Vstream, consider popping fo the thicker shield. As far as other devices go Baker Wings are the way to go & work.

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
I too have been looking at the V Stream but it will be a while before I can afford any additions.

The gas guage sounds funny. My 2010 goes all the way up and I can figure it pretty close to what it will take when I fill up. You might have that looked at....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrat on you new wing. As far as the fuel gauge goes I aways reset my trip odo and rely more on that. And baker hand wings work well.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Fine looking Wing, MRRKO!:cool:

·
Registered
674 Posts
HI

I have a 2012 Navi-XM. Tires are wearing in and I am at the point of seeing what she can do. Whats with the fuel gauge? Seems like its hard to get it to the full mark and the gauge moves more rapidly than I thought. I guess it's a matter of getting used to.

Other thing: Wind buffeting. I rode 2 up and the comment was made that there was more wind than I thought there would be. Now I am looking at Windsheilds. The V Stream SE looks impressive to me. Does it really work?

Randy
Hi Welcome to the forum, Congratulations on your purchase.
I also have a Black 2012 mine has been to the dealer to have the charcoal canistor replaced due to overfilling the gas tank.Most times I am driving fast on the Turnpike I get about 180ish miles per tank filling it up as per the manual. If you over fill your tank even once it may damage this small charcoal canistor it is not expensive or hard to change but its best to avoid this at all cost.
BTW the fuel gauge on my Wing goes to full, it just doesnt stay there long. :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
Pics are on my profile

If I sit up straight, the top of the stock w/s is at my mouth. My GF said there is too much wind back there and it is slapping her and we talked about going with a taller windsheild. The V Stream had a video that I saw on u tube that was pretty convincing. Another of a guy doing a how to of swapping out the w/s on a 2012 wing b/c he loved this w/s so much on his 2007. Want to see what others think

I need to do what I can to cut down the wind.

Those brakes stop on a dime. Handles very well
Is your Windsheild at it highest posistion and still only as high as your mouth? If it is you must be tall forget the new Windsheild you may need a 4x8 sheet of lexan. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have around 850 miles on the bike now. Fuel gauge is fine. Bike needs to be level to fill up all the way.

I may get an F4+2 W/Sheild and that should help.

I washed the bike for the 1st time at a car wash tonight. tried to use low pressure around controls, etc. This place has good foam brushes and the chemicals do the trick, even RainX and no spot rinse. Took the bike out on the freeway... no spots.

I'm going to change the oil this weekend before 1K. I ordered 10W-40 Honda (conventional) oil and Honda filters for 3 changes. I use and love synthetic in my car. Why is there such paranoia about synthetic oil in a wing? May be b/c a lot of people buy/use the wrong oil like non M/C specific?? Honda does know what theyre doing and if you follow their advice, you will not go wrong. I know that used in a car from the start, synthetic oil keeps an engine very clean. It is superior oil.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Synthetic oil works great in a Wing. It just needs to be the correct oil.

·
Vendor
169 Posts
Best for the passenger

MRRKO, if you are looking for best protection for your passenger, ask anyone with an F4 +4 and Baker Air Wings, then decide. My guess is you won't mind looking through the +4 because the optical clarity is guaranteed 100% perfect and the rain shedding is incredible.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MRRKO, if you are looking for best protection for your passenger, ask anyone with an F4 +4 and Baker Air Wings, then decide. My guess is you won't mind looking through the +4 because the optical clarity is guaranteed 100% perfect and the rain shedding is incredible.
Actually, I will probably go with the F2 and see what I need to do after that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts