Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Honda Gold Wing GL1800 Trike ( CSC ) . Do The lower break light assembly come out to the inside of the wheel well , or does it pull out the back of the trike . Please explain process .

·
Registered
2007 Crucible Orange GL1800 converted to CSC Viper
25 Posts
There are 2 models that will fit the 2005 GL1800. Do you have the Viper with LED lights or the Cobra/ Cobra XL?

Looking further, if you have a Cobra, there should be 3 nuts inside wheel well that need to be removed and entire assembly slides right out the back. If you have a Cobra XL, the nuts will be inside the trunk. Remove those and entire assembly can be pulled out.

·
Super Moderator
13,328 Posts
Thank you for providing some very helpful information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help . After your response , I bit the bullet so to speak and laid on the floor with a flash light . ( 75 with back surgery .....wife had to help me up ...LOL..) ..Mine is encased in the fender well , couldn't see any break in the fiberglass . I could feel about three nut heads . I think I'll just take it to a honda shop . I bought the Kurankyn chrome trim for the break lights , and the bottom break light trim has a chrome bar to separate the red and amber lens , so if I install the chrome accent before I get my replacement lens housing , ...( cracked left lens ) I have to remove and might break the piece , to get it out the back . Sorry I went on , thanks for the help ......

I am a relatively new gold wing owner , so I have lots of questions . I bought a 2000 gold wing trike 1500 the middle of August , and a woman ran a stop sign in front of me , I went into the side of her car at 45 miles an hour . Totaled trike in two weeks , Sep . 8 , 2022 . I just bought a 2005 gold wing trike two weeks ago . .... New trike is artic white . I just made arrangements to have it custom pinstriped on Monday , November the 28 th. The guy that is going to do , told me if there was any ceramic coatings or polish on the trike , that the pinstripeing might not bond well . I used Tech Shine on it when I got it . Does anyone know how to remove the Tech Shine , with out hurting the clear coat ??

·
Registered
2023 Goldwing DCT Tour
8 Posts
I am a relatively new gold wing owner , so I have lots of questions . I bought a 2000 gold wing trike 1500 the middle of August , and a woman ran a stop sign in front of me , I went into the side of her car at 45 miles an hour . Totaled trike in two weeks , Sep . 8 , 2022 . I just bought a 2005 gold wing trike two weeks ago . .... New trike is artic white . I just made arrangements to have it custom pinstriped on Monday , November the 28 th. The guy that is going to do , told me if there was any ceramic coatings or polish on the trike , that the pinstripeing might not bond well . I used Tech Shine on it when I got it . Does anyone know how to remove the Tech Shine , with out hurting the clear coat ??
Good morning Ron,

Here’s a good article, although lengthy, on the many ways to remove ceramic coating. Certainly not for the faint of heart and possibly better just to have a pro remove it if you don’t possess the polishers.

-Ollie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Guys ,
Thanks a lot for your responses . I think I will leave it to the professionals . The pinstripe artist I am getting to do the painting told me that he could work with a custom shop he does work for , to take care of the cleaning and polish removal . ( The clear coat won't have to be removed , just any coatings above clear coat . )
Thanks again
Ron

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Afghanpilot ,
Can you tell , I'm a little excited about having our trike pinstriped ??...LOL.Our other one was totaled within two weeks of us getting it , so we really didn't get much time to ' Doll ' it up . This one is Artic White , so I am just going to get a very conservative scroll pinstripe in black , then air brushed high lights in frost blue , front to back .
Thanks for the help
Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts