Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2007 Goldwing with 2600 miles on it. It has abs brakes.I have had no problems up to this point. The other day I pulled it out and let it warm up prior to taking off, when I went to leave the brakes were totally locked up. I cracked open the two rear bleeders and the the wheels freed up. I parked it that day. Yesterday, I took it out it seemed ok until I got about a half a mile away, then it happened again. So I cracked the rear bleeders and carefully made it back home without applying the brakes. When I crack the bleeders I get fluid out of the top one but nothing comes out of the lower one. Has anyone experienced this problem or have any ideas on what it might be.
Thanks
Ken

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
This is not good. I don't have ABS, but I have a '08. I'm watching this one with special personal interest.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You might try bleeding them, here is the order that you must do them in.
Front Brake Reservoir
1: Front Right Brake Upper Bleeder Valve 8mm
2: Front Left Brake Middle/lower Bleeder Valve 10mm
Rear Reservoir (under right side chrome)
1: Front Left Brake Upper Bleeder Valve 8mm
2: Front Right Brake Lower Bleeder Valve 10mm
3: Rear Brake Lower Bleeder Valve 8mm
4: Anti-Dive: bleeder valve on top 10mm
5: Rear Brake Upper Bleeder Valve 10mm

·
Registered
19 Posts
Happened to me late last year, the bike stood outside and in the morning it was covered by frost,maybe -3deg C .We were cruising at about 140 kmph when all of a sudden the brakes came on big time and i had to pull over on the side of the highway.After about 5 minutes of fiddling the foot brake made a clicking noise and I could roll the bike again and we got on and completed our tour with no further issues besides a lazy rear brake.When i had the bike serviced the mechanic said the brake fluid was like jelly and he replaced it and bleed it...Its not perfect but you have to pump the rear brake a little sometimes as its
not 100 percent...Any other G.W.O's had similar issues.08 Model with 15k on the clock

i

·
Registered
198 Posts
There is a recall for the secondary rear brake cylinder. When the front brakes are applyed the left caliper activates the rear brake cylinder. If it sticks part of the rear brakes are still applyed.

·
Registered
405 Posts
There is a recall for the secondary rear brake cylinder. When the front brakes are applyed the left caliper activates the rear brake cylinder. If it sticks part of the rear brakes are still applyed.
Very good advice. If it hasn't been taken in for the recall you need to do so as soon as possible. Won't cost you anything and you can go to any Honda dealer. Don't know if you bought it new or not but they go by the VIN and can tell you if it has already been brought in or not.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Can anybody please supply me with the recall bulletin as in south africa it seems non existent exept on my 08 wing
The recall notice is NHTSA Recall 11V-567 and is entitled " Secondary Master Cylinder Inspection/Replacement". I received mine in Jan of 2012. Isaac

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Have a dealer run your VIN and see if the recall has been done. As to the failures of units that have been serviced with the repair, and subsequent failures afterward, I've checked with Honda Canada Service and there havn't been any up here according to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts