Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the temperature here in Connecticut was 65 yesterday I finally
got the bike in for the brake recall. Passed without a hitch. Dealer said they had done twenty or so tests and so far had not one fail. Took about 20 minutes for them to do it.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Since the temperature here in Connecticut was 65 yesterday I finally
got the bike in for the brake recall. Passed without a hitch. Dealer said they had done twenty or so tests and so far had not one fail. Took about 20 minutes for them to do it.
Has anyone actually had to fix the problem yet???:confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Took my 2010 in a couple weeks ago- it failed badly. A week later I got the bike back and all is well now. I hope! Mine was the second to fail out of 20 or so wings my local dealer had inspected.

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 2010 failed also. They said it was the 3rd one out of 55 they inspected (lucky me). They had the part in stock so it took about 2 hours to do the repair job.

I just got back from a long trip too, with mommasita on the back. Good thing we didn't have any problems! I would have never heard the end of it.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I ran the VIN on my new to me 1800 that I got last weekend and it said that mine had been repaired.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Mine and one other so far to get in and check at our shop...weather isn't actually co-operating around here when either of us has time to bring them in. I refuse to trailer my bike unless it's an emergency. I doubt mine is affected either based on my grage test, but gotta be sure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
my brake locked up today. I just posted on the general forum about it but I guess I will here to. It is a 06 with 8000 mile and I am new to the bike. I have noticed that the rear brake pedal has more travel than I thought it should and if you pumped the pedel like a 1955 chevy the pedel would come up to where I felt was tthe proper hight. Now the rear brake has locked up on me today. I am wandering if the pedel issue is a pre indication of the lock up issue or unrelated? Anyone else have pedel issues. P.S. I have not recieved any notice of the brake recall yet.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
my brake locked up today. I just posted on the general forum about it but I guess I will here to. It is a 06 with 8000 mile and I am new to the bike. I have noticed that the rear brake pedal has more travel than I thought it should and if you pumped the pedel like a 1955 chevy the pedel would come up to where I felt was tthe proper hight. Now the rear brake has locked up on me today. I am wandering if the pedel issue is a pre indication of the lock up issue or unrelated? Anyone else have pedel issues. P.S. I have not recieved any notice of the brake recall yet.
Don't wait for a notification. It's not like you have to wait for your number to be called.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Scheduled an appointment for May 8th to take the Wing in to be checked. Maybe I'll get it inspected at the same time. If I'm really lucky maybe I can get Fossil to buy me lunch.. (Maybe we can have "RIBS")... OUCH....LOL

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Scheduled an appointment for May 8th to take the Wing in to be checked. Maybe I'll get it inspected at the same time. If I'm really lucky maybe I can get Fossil to buy me lunch.. (Maybe we can have "RIBS")... OUCH....LOL
It's about time you did. I'm having a hard time holding off you know who.

Count on lunch buddy. HAHAHA

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Mine failed yesterday, but I knew it would . waiting on parts.
Oh yea. You were the one whining about the soft brake pedal and everyone directed you to the brake recall. Thank you for that last comment you posted on your thread " rear brake locked up ". You're right. You don't owe it to me or anybody here. You don't owe me, I don't owe you. If I gave you more than you wanted Mr. , keep the change.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh yea. You were the one whining about the soft brake pedal and everyone directed you to the brake recall. Thank you for that last comment you posted on your thread " rear brake locked up ". You're right. You don't owe it to me or anybody here. You don't owe me, I don't owe you. If I gave you more than you wanted Mr. , keep the change. I just found out how to use the " Ignore List ". WooHoo.
thats funny

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.