Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hand lever for the front brake doesn't have pressure. I bled the right caliper. When I tried to bleed the left caliper, no fluid comes out. Does anyone have any thoughts to help out. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
The left caliper is linked to the rear brake master cylinder. The right is for the hand brake. Try topping of the the master cylinder for the hand brake and tie it to the handlebar with about 3/4" spacing and let it sit overnight.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Bleed the rear brakes through that front caliper . I would suggest you get a manual or print of the brake system of your Wing. In there you will find instructions and correct information on your brake system and how to safely service them. Perhaps one of our fine friends will pipe up soon and direct you to exact instructions or send you the needed info. Good luck with your Brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
According to the brake schematic the left front(seated on bike)and rear brake is linked.
The right is independent.

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
Left front and rear are linked on the 1500. Likes been said.
Also for a over night bleed of the front Brake do like Cantankerous said and turn the front wheel to the left, that will raise the front brake reservoir, and will aid in the bleed.
Not like they do in the shops but it work.

·
Registered
674 Posts
When I bleed brakes on most vehicles I gravity bleed them first Some people like to pump up the brake pedal then force it out with pressure.
After gravity bleeding and flushing the old fluid out come on its cheep enough.then
I like to open the bleeder screw apply the brake slowly when all the way down the bleeder screw gets closed then repeat as needed checking fluid level along the way. You do not want to run out. Once there is no more air you may pump up the brakes to obtain a solid brake pedal-handle provided you started out with good brake linings.
Keep in mind when bleeding brakes that are connected together normally you start off with the brakes that are the furthest away from master cylinder first. If that makes sense. I am not saying this is the right way but it is what I would do. If I didn't have a manual,

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Forum comes through again!:D Never be afraid to as for help, there's just so many great peeps here.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.