Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of brake pads do you use on your wing? organic, kevlar, sintered ceramic, or unknown

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up. I (badly) need brakes on the 1500 and was wondering about all the choices also.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
whatever came on the bike , or unknown

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Well here's an old Fossil's Opinion. Get soft ones, Yes they will wear out quicker however in the Era of the lifetime brake pad since they last "a lifetime" your rotors won't.

Better to change pads more frequently than to replace rotors.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i change the brakes on the 1500 wing ( front and rear ) two years ago and used organic pads. i don't know what the po of my 1200 wing has on there for brake pads but 20,000+ miles later they still don't need replacing. i would love to put those type of brake pads on the back of the 1500 wing

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just reminded me of something else I need to check out on this new 2 me 98 I just got. With 26k, it may still have the original pads all the way around.

Interesting read on the types of pads. Gives me something else to consider.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
DDB,

There are alot of things I can research and understand-brake pads are still a mystery to me. For that reason, I rely on my old pappy's wisdom, when in doubt stick to oem until you know more than they do.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
OEM here. Front have about 25,000 and still usable, but they are getting changed in two weeks.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts