Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of brake pad types are good? There are Kevlar, ceramic, organic, etc and I didn't know what experiences some of you may have had with them. Any to avoid? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
brake pads

i have used sintered HH on all my bikes (if available) they stop the best and are low dust

Attachments

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I always OEM pads, I used EBC after market ones once and they hummed all the time the brakes were applied. I'll stick with Honda pads

·
Premium Member
23,768 Posts
I have a complete set of Honda OEM's on the shelf waiting for someone like myself to get off his duff and put them on. I would suspect that they are metallic. I about shat when they rung them up at the register: +/- 175.00 ! What the heck are " organic " pads I've seen sold ? I'll assume it's not related to the " go green " movement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pads

I have a 4 sets of Honda pads for a GL1500 that I'll be looking to get rid of. If they fit your bike shoot me a message. It's a bit of a long story why I have them, but I ride a GL1200.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My two cents: Also have set of slightly used Honda OEM pads; don't need/ won't use. Have heavy sidecar rig['95 GL1500/ CSC FSIII...10 yrs.]. Had NO stopping power and when I almost went through an intersection, possibly had serious collision, switched to EBC type HH pads and WOW: stopping power BACK again! Will NEVER go back to OEMs, as long as my rig keeps runnin'. TTFN....Old Tom aka papasmurf in NH:)

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
sintered HH all the way! stop way better than stock & are low brake dust (wheels stay cleaner longer)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts