Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear caliper brake hose on my GL1100I was found to be obstructed as I was going through the brake system. I ordered one from the local Honda dealership, along with a MC rebuild kit, and was quoted $35 or $36 for the hose. It turned out that the brake hose was no longer available from Honda. I then remembered a friend of mine that builds custom made brake and all manner of hydraulic lines as well as those for fuel and other liquids. He built an exact replacement line, down to a new protective rubber sleeve and grommet for under $25.00! I thought too late to ask if he had SS braided line, which he did, but he had already cut the regular hose and didn't want him to have the cut-off laying around. He pressure tested it, as he does every hose, to 3,000 PSI so I ought to be good to go! If anyone needs lines made let me know and I'll get his contact info for you.

Lynn

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Lynn, thanks for sharing that information. There are a lot of folks out there that have older bikes and do their own work and may need those kind of parts since they are such a high wear item. Hope people take advantage of the offer. Ride safe..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts