Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my tires and brake pads yesterday. I choose to go with the Honda pads. When I got everything back together the pads sounded like they were dragging. I took it around the block and the noise got even louder. Got back home, and raised front of bike and rotated the tire. It would only spin 1-1 1/2 revolutions. Put the old brak pads back on this morning. Spun the tire and did not hear anything rubbing and the tire went 4-5 revolutiions. I apply front and rear brake, spun tire and again somethig is dragging and the tire barely spins 1 time around. Everything is put back correct. Even at the request from the dealer used a feeler gauge in between the rotor and caliper to make sure it was adjusted correctly. I am stumpped at this time. I am thinking 1 or more pistons are not releasing. When I had the bike in the dealer for brake recall he said I might want to think about changing the fluid. He said he would wait until the end of the season and I would be fine. I pulled the cap of the reservoir and it was a light brown color. I got a buddy coming over with his mity-vac and we are going to try and bleed the brakes. Can you guys think of anything else I can check?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
It feels like the front brakes are sticking. In the process of bleeding brakes now. Fluid is bad. Dark Brown and there was sediment in the bottom of the rear resv. Wipe it out and heading to get more fluid. What a pain in the butt to bleed the system on the wing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got finished flushing the brake system. The fluid coming out looked like maple syrup. The calipers are free now. Still got a little air in the rear system. Boy, what a pain in the butt to bleed this system.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
For those who have the aptitude, skill and tools to work on the Wing it is both a blessing and curse. A blessing in that you have the satisfaction of doing it yourself and saving some $$ in the process. The curse is that you realize working on a Wing is not the easiest thing to do and can become frustrating.

For the rest of the folks like me, it's just the same only we have to pay someone to have the tools and deal with the frustration. In the end my wallet may be lighter but my nerves are not shot.

Glad you get everything back together and working properly..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.