Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all!
Today I was cleaning my bike and noticed that the rear brake fluid was a little low. The sticker said to use DOT 4 brake fluid. I found a can at the store that was DOT 3 & 4. I was wondering if this was acceptable to use. I have never seen DOT 4 before and didn't want to use the wrong thing. Does anyone have any info on this?
Thanks a ton!
Happy riding,
Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
dot4 brake fluid has a higher boiling point than dot3. i've found dot 4 at autozone, at work, and a few other auto parts stores

·
Registered
20 Posts
I found the same thing. Appears the manufacturers upgraded their specs to meet the DOT 4 temp requirements and are saving money by not having two seperate products on the shelves. DOT 4 only spec is still available if you look around but the 3/4 should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
I found the same thing. Appears the manufacturers upgraded their specs to meet the DOT 4 temp requirements and are saving money by not having two seperate products on the shelves. DOT 4 only spec is still available if you look around but the 3/4 should be fine.
i agree with you testpoint

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brake Fluid?

Thank You all so much for the info!
So far, owning this motorcycle has been a great experience. I was very lucky to find a good deal on a great bike. It had been taken care of to the extream and I plan on doing the same. Cleaned after every ride. This being my first bike, I'm learning as I go and would hate to do something to harm it.
Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts