Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know I own a CRF250L, goldwing and a CTX700. Today I traded my CTX700 for a 2017 Yamaha FZ-09. Having 2 touring bikes just wasnt for me, and one of them had to go. I wanted something fun and a thrill to ride, and the FZ-09 is an amazing bike!!! Just wanted to share. Any other FZ-09 riders?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,152 Posts
That's an awesome looking machine and I will be it's a blast.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Rip it up.!!

Nice. :)

Reactions: Dog Breath

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Gonna buy some knee pucks? Twist and rip time!

Reactions: Dog Breath

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Reminds me of my old 919 Hornet. What a freakin blast that bike was to ride. Brought out my hooliganism. Ask old Terry about our drag race out near Dodge City, Kansas where I smoked him on his new to him GL1800, where David slayed Gollith. That's why I ride scooters now.....at 67 I still have a little too much biker testosterone. Be careful good buddy. Those kind of bikes are a little too much fun to ride.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Reminds me of my old 919 Hornet. What a freakin blast that bike was to ride. Brought out my hooliganism. Ask old Terry about our drag race out near Dodge City, Kansas where I smoked him on his new to him GL1800, where David slayed Gollith. That's why I ride scooters now.....at 67 I still have a little too much biker testosterone. Be careful good buddy. Those kind of bikes are a little too much fun to ride.
Lol, too funny! Sounds like you had some good times, and that's all that matters. I told my girlfriend in all my years I never bought something so random and unpractical as the FZ09, but I love it!! Honestly the the CRF was under powered, but fun to ride after I got used to it and the CTX had power but was boring to ride. After I bought the Goldwing, part of the hooligan came out of me (say what?), between the wing's power and ability to make turns fun. So I had a taste of fun on a bike and wanted more, so I decided the CTX had to go. I wanted a sport bike, but one that was comfortable and it didn't make me crunch over. The bike is very, very powerful, nimble, and flickable to the T. The bike may get me into trouble one day, but I trying to keep it controlled when riding, but it just begs to be ridden hard. It's a good bike, and with ABS, Traction Control, and Power control modes standard, it helps to keep me in line and from falling on my butt, lol I hope to get a few good years out of her, she's got 215 miles now.

Reactions: Scooter1

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
It's a good bike, and with ABS, Traction Control, and Power control modes standard, it helps to keep me in line and from falling on my butt, lol I hope to get a few good years out of her, she's got 215 miles now.
Sounds high tech compared to my 05 919. ABS sounds great and don't know anything about traction control but probably a good thing too. How much does it weigh? Here's a pic of my 919.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 919 looks awesome! ABS is great. The traction control stops the rear wheel from spinning faster than the front, and you can select t/c 1, 2, and off. 2 is the most aggressive at monitoring the wheel spin, 1 is a happy medium. The power modes are A, standard, and B. A is balls out, B limits power to 700cc and allows power to gradually increase when you twist the throttle hard, B is like super nanny. Standard is the full full power, but still gradually gives you power a little faster than B but not like A, it's a good happy medium. So the bike stays on T/C 1 and standard power mode. This allows fun but still keeps me in line if I get carried away. It's a "safer" sport bike in my eyes, which is why I bought it. The bike only weighs 425lbs with all fluids.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts