Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1984 Interstate and getting it off the centerstand is way harder than it should be! I have never had a problem getting any other bike off the centerstand. Recently I figured out the problem. When parked on level ground and on it's center stand both wheels are still touching the ground. The stand does not appear to be bent. Any ideas on how I can get the rear wheel off the ground so I can get the rocking momentum to get it off the stand?

Thanks in advance.

ETCPO

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Maybe you have a drive off center stand.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
With the bike on the center stand both wheels should not be touching the ground. While on the stand the bikes rear tire should touch the ground but the bike should "rock" front to back. If you checked the stand and it's not bent then there is another problem. Perhaps there is a problem with the suspension. My guess is that the center stand is bent. Take a look here and compare your stand to the OEM one.

http://www.bikebandit.com/1984-honda-motorcycle-parts/oem-parts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Either you have a drive off centerstand or an oversize rear tire. If you have a drive off stand you should be able to put it in gear and drive away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts