Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What an incredible ride! So much power i thought i was on a rocket!!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Riggin,
I have looked at these. Spoke with a guy on one at a show recently. The looks kind of turned me off, a bit bulky - but I did wonder what it would be like to have a V8 under me. Could not get him to hand over the keys for a test ride! Sounded real nasty which is a good thing.
What was it like - weight-wise? Looks like it would be a handful at low speeds. Was it a small block or a older big block or a new LS3?
Rob

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was an 07 not sure if it was a small block or not. I was able to test ride only with signing of a waiver . It is very bulky and heavy definitely not for the light hearted. I was at the ocean city maryland bike week at the race track.ohh and by the way he held the keys to my road king! I believe the starting price was 45,000. The ride is awesome once moving but very hard handling at low speeds and parking lots! I would never be able to legally ride one of these to it potential except on a drag strip!

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
i met a guy that owns one back in july, he had a 502 motor with a giggle gas kit on his

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Hey RK, when you went to the show, did they have their big Red Trailer there? If they did, I painted that at work, thats what I do or a living. I went to Sturgis one year, and they were doing free test rides on the Boss Hoss Bikes.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I rode and early version of one with a 350 small block. I was actually quite surprised at the manners. I was also very careful not to let the weight get away from me at low speeds. Awsome power rush though.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You cant see the trailer but it was on the right side of the pic!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Riggin,
What is bike week like in Ocean City Maryland? I am about 7.5 hrs from there. In your opinion is it worth the trip?

Sorry Big Daddy - the guy I spoke to was a private owner - no Boss Hoss company display or trailer at this show. Hey, you aren't Don Garlits by any chance? He's my hero!

Rob

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you book ahead and stay local it is a blast! I go every year. It can be expensive of course but i love the ocean and the rides out of ocean city are cool! I lived in MD. At the time so it was easier now in VT. It takes about 10 hours but a good ride!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts