Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite riding boots are Aerostich Combat Touring boots. In addition to riding with them, I use them in deep snow.

They're sixteen years old. I've applied a little Kiwi Wax now and then, so they still look almost new. I did have to replace the laces, but was able to source those locally. I truly believe they're going to outlast me.

When they first arrived, the thick leather was so stiff, I couldn't bend my ankle. The kids really got a laugh out of my clomping around the house for weeks, before they broke in enough to try and ride with them. Even then it took quite a lot of time before I could shift comfortably. Once they broke in, they are very comfortable.

So what's your favorite riding boot?

·
Super Moderator
27,581 Posts
My favorite boot was the Tourmaster SC Response. Had a pair for years until I had to replace them and sadly they changed the design. I since have Alpinestar Ridge WP's.........they are okay but not my old Tourmasters.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Bugs Bunny -

Hey Mike - Like many others I'm sure, most of us have ridden while wearing just about everything but flip-flops. Although I've tried most major brands of boots over almost 40 years, I actually settled on the HD brand of leather boots for their long life, durability and great comfort.

When new, it did take a little time to break them in for walking around but I just unlaced the top half and tied the laces into a big "Bugs Bunny" bow tie (my sons comment) around the ankles. :)

A couple of coats of saddle soap every now and again keeps them looking new.

Ride Safe - Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't say I've worn flip-flops either, but have always tried to wear boots that would protect my ankles in the event of a fall. Made the mistake of wearing leather soled cowboy boots, once only. Have to say I do love my Double H boots with grease proof soles and heels too. Not really AGATT, but so comfortable.

Ride safe JK.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have a pair of HD harness boots. They are great for riding but hurt my feet to walk in all day. I tried a pair of Bilt commando boots and they just sucked. The sole split under the ball of my foot and soles wore out with in 4 months. I do wear sneakers on occasion and once I wore flip flops with shorts. Never do that again.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,018 Posts
I also had tourmaster response sc boots until they wore out then bought a pair of alpinestar new land Gore-Tex boots

·
Registered
255 Posts
I used to wear Tac5.11 waterproof side zip combat boots but they don't last more than a year or so. Many years ago had a head on collision in a Geo Tracker and role my right knee and femur, I've never walked quite right since and I would wear out the right shoe/boot very quickly. I've left the leather/plastic boots behind and have a pair of insulated Matterhorn boots for cold weather and a nice pair of uninsulated Carolina boots for mild weather and summer riding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,832 Posts
I wear my work boots; a set of Hot Shot from Nicks Boots, Spokane, WA. Getting pretty pricy, but they are still the most comfortable footwear I own.

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wore out 2 pairs of Tourmaster response SC's ( found the second pair at a Progressive MC show), but now have these- already bought my second pair so I don't miss out should they change the style. Immediately the most comfortable boot I've every worn-no break in necessary. Can't say enough about them.

Also noticed these when Looking for a link the above boots

·
Super Moderator
10,940 Posts
Just like JKWinger, I have a pair of HD harness boots, they are great for riding but do hurt my feet to walk in.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
For the long haul I love my 4 year old Aerostich Combat Boots but I also love my Redwings!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,018 Posts
For the long haul I love my 4 year old Aerostich Combat Boots but I also love my Redwings!!!
I was going to get a pair of combat lite boots but aerostitch doesn't sell them any more

·
Registered
138 Posts
Tourmaster Response WP, so far so good. Comfortable and walkable. Have taken some hits on them from road debris and protected well, also handled the rain.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Trying out a pair of TCX Jupiter Gortex seem to good so far use to wear what ever hiking boot I had at the time usually Hi Tec or Aslo. TCX this is the first motorcycle specific boot/shoe I have had.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts