Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a bolt on drivers backrest for a '98 1500 SE. I do not want to cut into my existing seat.

Anyone have suggestioned bolt on backrest that they use? I've found some but for 1800's not 1500's.

Thank for your help- Dan

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I have the backrest TWW found for you.

It is very comfortable and is adjustable depending on your height.

No complaints from wife either.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I had the ones with the bars and it did work fine, if you ride 2 up you will find the Utopia one without the bars is a lot better om the co-rider. Cutting into your seat is no big deal, there is a video that shows you how to do it. very easy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Add On inc. Backrest

Add On inc.
Is this a quality seat backrest?
Parts # 18673-816K

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Add On inc.
Parts # 18673-816K
It " looks " like the Utopia. Could be the a copy cat version. The Utopia is about $20.00 less at WingStuff. Other brands could be just as good, but for non-bar type backrest I have never seen any other brand advertised or suggested on Wing Forums until you brought this one up from Add On. The picture below is an old picture of the Utopia from WingStuff. This one we know how to attach.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Add On inc.
Parts # 18673-816K
Have not seen this one so I don't know about the quality. BUT... Welcome to the forum from Pa. Where is home and what do you ride. Enjoy the forum. Lots of good folks on here. Ride safe...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Two Wheel Wing,
My wife and have been riding for YEARS... and finally decided to get something comfortable. We just purchased a 2008 GL1800 airbag model. Found it new on the dealers showroom floor. We live just west of Quakertown, PA. And you?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Add On inc.
Parts # 18673-816K
I looked at the back pad and it doesn't look like there is much padding. I also contacted the seller for another pic just in case. It looks just as thin in the other pic as well.

I guess thats why its as cheap as it was. I still appreciate the tip because you never know sometimes.

Dan

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a markland 1500 backrest and loved it. I don't know if markland is still in business, there is a chinese copy sold by Add-On now that looks remarkably like it. (Wingstuff as mentioned above) I did have one on my 1800 but sold it when I was able to get a Markland. The only difference I can see is that the Markland's seat mounting bolts are longer and the backrest pad softer with better made material. Other than that the Chinese one worked just as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts