Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about installing a set of aftermarket floorboards on my bike and am still on the fence. I would like to have the comfort of a set of boards over pegs, but with reveiws that I have read with my size 6'1" and size 11 1/2 boot I am not sure if I may be making a mistake. I have been looking at Kuryakyn floorboards with heal toe shifter. This thread may have been placed before, but I am new to the forum and could not find any previous post on this subject.

·
Administrator
29,073 Posts
Don't have an 1800 but I'll give you an opinion. I believe that you may be cramped a little using boards. I ride with 1800's, a couple of tall guys & they all comment that my 1500 gives them more leg room. Now having said that I also offer another possible solution. I installed Iso-wings on my 1500. I had Floorboards & did like the heel/toe shifter but wanted to try the Iso wings. Here's a link check them out & good luck. A final suggestion may be to check out other 1800's & when you find one with boards on it ask the owner if you can sit on it to see if you can tell from that.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/.../gl1800/232_goldwing_Footpeg_Floorboards/des/

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
1. Kury chrome on their floor boards and their flat racks is not lasting very long as told by many on another board!
2. Debatable tranny warranty issues w/heel&toe shifters are also being discussed.
3. I have a 32" inseam and found the floor boards caused my lower legs to be position to far back making for short riding distances before my knees started hurting.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
When I bought my bike it had floor boards, I wasn't crazy about them. I had trouble shifting, and when I came to a stop had to spread too far to touch the ground. They were Kuryakyn, the chrome started to lift so I got a set of stock pegs, now I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
24,140 Posts
Without a Toe / Heel shifter, these are two that I'm considering. For me, and probably only for me, I'm mildly annoyed riding a bike with the full floorboards, i.e., Harley Road King, etc. My foot likes to go down, not out and down. I like the idea of full floorboards, but not the Heel shifter part of it.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.