Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another newbie discussion about driver floorboards on a wing. Just got my first wing and I was wanting to know what other riders are thoughts about them. I loved them on my VTX, but the wing is another thing! What kind of issues are there to consider? I know that there is a problem with the kick, anything else to consider? I'm not a big fan of heel/toe shifters, but my mind could be changed. Foot placement and comfort on long rides is what I am into, but I don't want to set up safety issues because floorboards interfere with operation. Let me know what ya all think?

·
Registered
296 Posts
never had an 1800, but three 1200s and a 1500 which I presently have. Had floor boards on all of them and loved them, for the very reason you are asking. I have drug them in curves an uncountable number of times, never a problem. Don't know about the 1800 though.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I LOVE mine!!!! Only drag every now and then. But they do fold up to prevent damage. I pinned mine down and am just carefull on certian left turns. Also you can still toe shift, you do not HAVE to use the heel part. Plus is I mounted a strip of led lights on them!

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
I've got the full kit from Kuryakin on mine, just like the way it all matches and looks like it all belongs. No issues for me with dragging them, like mentioned above, they do fold. And you can always replace the hooks and pad underneath. Besides, when the two hooks wear completely out, I'll have 3/4" more cornering clearance!;):cool:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I had them on my 1800 when I bought it. Clearly others love them, but I never got used to them. Actually, it wasn't the boards so much, it was more the heel-toe shifter that I couldn't get comfortable with. In the end my solution was to buy a set of Kury Iso-wings (thanks again for the suggestion Fossil) and a set of Mic-o-pegs. Now I'm comfy as can be.

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Registered
64 Posts
I put a set of Kuraykyns on my bike last fall. I have a love/not love relationship with them. They do offer more "support" than the pegs did. And the chrome especially the brake pedal is good lookong. But I have to tell you that the boards are just in the wrong position for me. They just feel too high and too far back causing my knee to be bent less than 90 degrees and my ankle to be bent a bit too- frequently uncomfortable. I don't think I'm that unusually built either... 5'11" and around 210 lbs.

Then there's the heel/toe shifter. I really wanted that, having had it on my previous bike, a Suzuki Boulevard. But I find that when downshifting, I have to tap the heel shift first and then the toe.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I can tell a lot of bikers by the black mark on their boot from the shifter. My roughouts really show it. Toe heel shifter keeps them clean now. The boards do move up on a lean but a mag bolt on the bottom hole keeps the chrome from being scratched and makes pretty showers behind at the same time.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
What I've noticed with my Kury boards is that I can't flatfoot at some stops because they push your legs out a little further. Other than that I love my boards.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
My annual vacation riding on a Harley Ultra-Glide is enough to convince me that floorboards are not for me. When I drop my foot I want nothing but terra firma down there and I don't want to have to reach for it.

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.