Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I'm in the market for a bluetooth helmet, and I'm wondering if my "dream helmet " exists. Here's a lits of the features I desire in the perfect helmet.
1: Stereo speakers as featured on Oneal Tirade (sadly these speakers didn't rate well by Youtube/other forum users)
2: Flip down sun shield as featured on Vega V-tune
3: 220V charger compatible with Australia/New Zealand (as per Vcan)
4: International shipping to NZ
5: And lastly, I want a halmet that doesn't come with a huge amount of bad reviews by disgruntled owners.

Here's the problem, I read awesome product descriptions and see cool youtube clips by the sellers and manufactureres, but they they get overwhelmed by bad personal reviews, either claiming poor build quality, or poor quality electronics/sound.

Does the perfect helmet exist? if so, please tell me. It seems as though every individual review I read/watch on every brand is a failure.

Whilst the concept is fantastic, the end product is always let down in one way or another!

·
Registered
691 Posts
You pretty well have it figured out. I use a Scala rider on as 1/2 helmet. Simply don't like being wired to the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
My wife and I use the Scala Riders as well--no complaints.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Scala Q2 and wired to GW system

I just did this....

I bought a 3.5mm TRS to Bang and Olufsen Din5 Audio adapter form Cablesonline.com for $11.99. This fits directly into the female Din5 on the bike. I connect the wired coiled connector from the helmet and, shazzam, music directly from the system into the helmet and the BT intercom remains between the rider and passenger. So, for $24, I continue to use my Q2 BT system and have wired music into the helmets, including MP3 from the MP3 input.

So, even though you're wired to the bike, you can at least hear the music/radio/MP3 on the interstate, as well as have the BT intercom. In addition, I figured when I am solo, I can listen to the music and still have the option of making or receiving a phone call.

I tried the Nolan MCS units, designed for our Trilogy helmets, but they are rubbish and, at $300 for the pair, I just saved a bunch of money for abetter system.
You pretty well have it figured out. I use a Scala rider on as 1/2 helmet. Simply don't like being wired to the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts