Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i had been lounging around the house for most of the day and finally about 3:10 i put on some riding gear. i decided that i would take a short ride to port huron,mi. i took I-94 east to marysville, mi and exited onto gratiot rd. i followed gratiot rd east to m-29. m-29 turns into m-25 in port huron. i headed downtown and then along the river. here are a few pic's of the bluewater bridge. it connects port huron, mi with sarnia, on

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it was cooler up in port huron than back home in the motor but looking west towards home i could see storm clouds. i should have just took I-94 west back home but i took m-25 and m-29 cause its more senic. by the time i got to I-94 and m-23 the lightning was starting. i took I-94 west and got about two miles before pulling over to put a jacket on and shortly after that it started raining with very gusty winds that were pushing the wing sideways. i took the metro parkway exit, rode metro parkway over to m-3 and after a few miles it stopped raining. i made a right on m-102 heading west and m-39 south for home

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Very cool Doc.....Makes me wonder...Have you ridden the Mackinaw Bridge. I hear it's a beast in the wind

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very cool Doc.....Makes me wonder...Have you ridden the Mackinaw Bridge. I hear it's a beast in the wind
yes i have ridden the mackinaw bridge but i was much younger and had problems making the crossing cause of my k81r's
what are you talking about the bridge is always windy, you can see the bridge sway while crossing it

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
yes i have ridden the mackinaw bridge but i was much younger and had problems making the crossing cause of my k81r's
what are you talking about the bridge is always windy, you can see the bridge sway while crossing it
That would Freak me out.....not sure if I am up for that one

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Very nice thanks. There is a lighthouse to the north of the bridge that I have visited with my son. You can go up in it and they have other stuff to look at. Cool area.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice thanks. There is a lighthouse to the north of the bridge that I have visited with my son. You can go up in it and they have other stuff to look at. Cool area.
i like the whole area between port huron and port austin. there are road side parks most of the way up. huron city and port austin are two of the citys i would like to retire to if i stay in michigan

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
I went over it on my 98 GL1500 about 7 years ago. They were doing construction and had to stop half way up. Scary looking down through the bridge and trying to start up again...:eek:

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went over it on my 98 GL1500 about 7 years ago. They were doing construction and had to stop half way up. Scary looking down through the bridge and trying to start up again...:eek:
now imagine that you have bald tires on the wing and you will have a sence of what it was like for me with those k81r's on the norton

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
now imagine that you have bald tires on the wing and you will have a sence of what it was like for me with those k81r's on the norton
YIKES.............:eek:

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Very nice. We have plenty of bridges around here but none of them cross any body of water that could be called " Blue Water ". Here's one that connects the east side D.C. with Maryland.
As soon as he gets an off day......you and Gordo should clean that mess up:)

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice. We have plenty of bridges around here but none of them cross any body of water that could be called " Blue Water ". Here's one that connects the east side D.C. with Maryland.
that pic makes the detroit river look spotless

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
As soon as he gets an off day......you and Gordo should clean that mess up:)
That's the Southeast side of D.C. You don't mess with their mess. It's true what they say that **** rolls downstream so it's hard to say what is theirs and what came from the northern burbs.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i forgot a pic so here it is

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
That's the Southeast side of D.C. You don't mess with their mess. It's true what they say that **** rolls downstream so it's hard to say what is theirs and what came from the northern burbs.
Well Maestro, 'ship' happens. Just looks like it happens more in DC:rolleyes: does look sad though:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts