Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys use Blue Tooth head sets? and what do you think of them, pros & cons, and uses like cell phone, gps ,rider to rider, battery life etc. What make/model do you prefer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm interested in the feedback on this as well...

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
No to commo stuff

Im not big on communications while riding. First, my purpose for motorcycling is to get away from "it". Thus why take "it" with you? Also I had a satellite radio with head speakers mounted in helmet. A really good brand ( J M ) and a good installation. In spite of all this I noticed I had to turn the thing up loud to over come road and wind noise:eek:. After an hour I was deaf for 2. Finally I got rid of it. No racket, no bother! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I'd like a helmet communication system! When I get the wife on the bike soon I hope she will feel the same. Otherwise I will have to go it alone.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Matt/chopin, I have J&Ms that work great never had an issue. Link below.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/...st/electronics/30_J_M_Electronics/mfg/?page=4

Matt I have to agree with billcarr my idea of riding is to get away from it all, the last thing I want to do is mess with cell phones (Get enough of that at work). However I also am deaf in my left ear & what I was reading about the bluetooths is they give a beep in the left ear then you can hit a button to activate the call so it made my decision even easier.

Chopin, I can tell you that Wife & I love being able to talk while riding. You need to get headsets when she starts riding!

Funny thing is when we travel by four wheels my wife will talk for the whole trip almost non stop. When she's on the bike I have to initiate the conversation. I even said to her one time that "There's times when we're in the car or truck I want to stick a sock in your mouth, but when we're on the bike I can't get you to talk. What's with that?" Her response was "When I'm on the bike that's my Zen time".

Lil Red, Hope this helps you too.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The ability to talk with the radio on and hold really normal conversations was one of the reasons we bought the wing in the first place. The 1200 was hand signals and stops. We both live by the phone in our work lives so having one ready to answer while we're riding is so NOT important. When we stop, we'll often check our phone for missed calls and then decide if they warrent a return call. When we're on the bike it's our time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I recently finished installing the new J&M system with full blue tooth for both helmets--it works great
I also have the gps, XM radio, radar detector, also all going into the helmets---- it alll works perfectly

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So-Cal I already have the corded J&M headset, Do you hae a C.B. on your bike and if so how does the blue tooth work with that?

·
Registered
137 Posts
So-Cal I already have the corded J&M headset, Do you hae a C.B. on your bike and if so how does the blue tooth work with that?
I do have the CB and it works great with it -- no problems at all--- it is one of the most trouble free parts I have ever bought

·
Registered
691 Posts
Scale-a-rider system, Tom Tom Rider2, Motorola phone. Love not being wired to the bike. Intercom works great. Tom Tom feeds instructions to the blue tooth headset and pairs with the phone so that phone calls are truely hands free. Just be sure to pull over anytime you do anything with the GPS. I only connect the phone when I am expecting a priority call. Otherwise I don't want someone messing up a nice ride with a phone call. There are places when talking on a phone are wrong on many levels. Such as; in a bathroom, in school, id a bufet line, on a date or on a ride. I ride to get away!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
my gf rides her bike ( '84 naked wing ) she has never been on the back of either of my wings. i told her we should get bike to bike communicators, she just looked at me and said why

1 - 11 of 11 Posts