Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just in fellas....The BRP has been on my Bucket List since I started riding and it looks like it may happen. I have been invited by a member of the ST-Owners Forum to attend the Blue Ridge Gathering in Sylva, NC. This is a massive event.....I will be camping:eek:(actually, I will be in a Camp Cabin) at Moonshine Creek Campground. Don't worry I will be posting pics as long as I have internet. Otherwise I will post them when I get back:):)

·
Registered
178 Posts
when is this event? Im only about 2 1/2 hours from there. promised my son I would try to take him up here before riding gets to cold. I havent been on the BRP in years. parts of it they are re working and close from time to time, but Im sure the event folks figured all that in. should be a great time for ya.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when is this event? Im only about 2 1/2 hours from there. promised my son I would try to take him up here before riding gets to cold. I havent been on the BRP in years. parts of it they are re working and close from time to time, but Im sure the event folks figured all that in. should be a great time for ya.
The 11th - 13th

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hmmm, no kids foot ball games. other kid college softball fall season finishes this weekend. mom goes back to fla Sunday....what is stopping me from going.....nothing really. do you have a ride itenary? or ya ll just wingin it,,,without wings:D

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, no kids foot ball games. other kid college softball fall season finishes this weekend. mom goes back to fla Sunday....what is stopping me from going.....nothing really. do you have a ride itenary? or ya ll just wingin it,,,without wings:D
PM Sent......

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Have a great time Phil. I've riden the west end from US 276 to Cherokee. One of these days I want to start at Cherokee and ride all the way north. Look forward to your pictures, but here is a couple to wet your appetite. Hope your ride isn't as rainy as mine was. Still a great day!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
You will Love it Ref! I've ridden it a few times myself....it never gets old!

Watch out for these guys though just north of Cherokee.....

Mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have a great time Phil. I've riden the west end from US 276 to Cherokee. One of these days I want to start at Cherokee and ride all the way north. Look forward to your pictures, but here is a couple to wet your appetite. Hope your ride isn't as rainy as mine was. Still a great day!
You will Love it Ref! I've ridden it a few times myself....it never gets old!

Watch out for these guys though just north of Cherokee.....

Mark
Boys....you are putting the fire under me.:) We shall see how I deal with the chilly temps.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
If it's true that " The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain " you should be OK in the higher elevations and you're in Spain.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it's true that " The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain " you should be OK in the higher elevations and you're in Spain.
Its those higher elevations that will bring the chill:eek: and I'm no where near Spain

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Ref,

Wear layers and remember your rain suite and you should be fine. I Love the BRPW. Last time there was in October of 2009 right after I bought my Wing. Did Skyline Drive and the first 250 miles the parkway down to Wythville. Watch out for the animals and LEO's. Wish I could go along, but Mom's Dr appointments are this week. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ref,

Wear layers and remember your rain suite and you should be fine. I Love the BRPW. Last time there was in October of 2009 right after I bought my Wing. Did Skyline Drive and the first 250 miles the parkway down to Wythville. Watch out for the animals and LEO's. Wish I could go along, but Mom's Dr appointments are this week. Ride safe and enjoy..
Thanks for the tips Charlie.....The day I get to ride with you will be an excellent day. Can't wait:)

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Moonshine Creek now Y am I not surprised. Will thay have peaches at the caben:rolleyes: and Ingrid found you on facebook CIA man.:cool:

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Boys....you are putting the fire under me.:) We shall see how I deal with the chilly temps.
Maybe these will help fan the flame

Attachments

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Come on Phil hurry up and go we need some new pics.:D

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your killing me!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts