Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a little ride last nite ,due to the temp. Being only 2 degrees I wasnt going far. before I left I checked tire pressure and had to add a few pounds to the rear.with only one over head light in the garage its a little dark under the saddle bags,but I did spin the tie feeling for a nail all clear so away I went. After 3 or 4 km I hit a little pot hole. BOOM my butt knew before my brain what had happened I was thinking gun shot my butt had a different opinion as it was clinching the seat.at almost 80 km it got a little squirrelly really quick but was able to slow it down with out incident. After a slow ride home with the four ways flashing, I found a 3 inch slice across the center of the tire.i have only had the bike a few months but have checked the tires lots of time before most rides and no signs of a crack.feel lucky I was only around town the tire has 40 percent tread left funny thing is only that morning I wrote on the tread about a ct for the. Bike as I was going to replace it so well even sooner now lmao.both tires a dunlops not sure what to go with as this is my first goldwing any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
No c/t for you. Only on 1500/1800 unless you do an expensive rim mod. Sorry to hear of this. Your good riding skill and a dose of luck has you safe and the bike unharmed.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Good that you were able to keep things under control. I've never had a blowout, and don't look forward to the 1st...

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Glad you were okay and safe. Like DanB says "no c/t for you". From what I've seen most popular tires are either Bridgestone or Dunlop. Good luck, stay away from potholes and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
15,126 Posts
which ever brand of tire you decide to get make sure it has a high enough load rating for a fully loaded wing

·
Registered
318 Posts
When I rode two wheels all I had were dunlops. At that time they were a great tire, Haven't bought one of late though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Happy your ok. When we blew the rear tire on our 85 interstate we were doing 70 mph on the freeway loaded. Had some little ding then boom. Laid us up a couple of months. Not sure of a good tire for the older bikes. We ran perreli back then or goodyear hst, they made them back then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts