Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
Got your attention, now I need your thoughts. My 1992 Wing has developed this noise over the last couple weeks. Started out really lite, and now has become constant over speeds of 15mph.

Sounds like birds chirping coming from somewhere up front. Can't pinpoint exact location, but somewhere between fuel door, and the windshield. Driving me crazy!

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Might check the speedometer cable. Sounds like it may need greasing.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Could also be something (a plastic flap/panel/rubber dam) has come slightly loose in the shelter or steering well area. If it has, it would create a high frequency vibration from the wind passing through. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
If it's up high what the budoka said. If it's down lower and gets louder it might be the water pump. But that should show up at an idol, when you increse the RPM's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
:( Might be the odometer black-box around the front axle that is going out. Probably the odometer cable as someone mentioned above. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I am betting on the odometer cable......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, Speedo Cable....

This is a likely culprit, now......How is the best way to get to it to lube it up?

Marty

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
If it's a 1500, remove the left rotor cover. At the bottom of the left fork. you can disconnect the cable there and pull it out. lub ut up and put it back in. It it's all chewed up you might want to replace the tube and the cable. Not very expensive. Depending on how many miles it might just be worth changing out the tube and cable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts