Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
detdewey, lisa and myself met up with two of lisa's friends at m-5 and schafer. we headed up to flint, mi for bikes on the bricks this morning. we took m-5 east to I-96 east and then east again on m-8. we took m-8 to I-75 heading north, exiting at saginaw rd. ( us-24 ) cutting through grand blanc and burton, mi before arriving in downtown flint. i took a bunch of pic's that i haven't resized for uploading but i'm working on that

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my traveling companions this trip

·
Registered
44 Posts
Missed out on that this year, Had a lot of stuff happening this weekend.
Maybe next year.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
William, you do seem to "get around". I've also noticed that many of your trip photos seem to have food places in the pic. My kind of guy... Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Doc: We have the same taste in fine dining. I was at McDoodles this morning in Marshall, VA ordering a #7 with a small coffee.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
we just used mc donalds as a meeting point. thats chuila on the orange sport bike, not sure if its a kawasaki or suzuki 600. trinity is on the black cbr600. once we made it to flint one if them headed into a sandwich shop to get some coffie so we all went in without even knowing the name of the place. we decided to have lunch. trinity had chile, dewey and chuila had veggi burgers, lisa wasn't hungry and i had a roastbeast sandwich

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Missed out on that this year, Had a lot of stuff happening this weekend.
Maybe next year.
i was checking my phone to see if you called. this was the third year lisa and i went but the others had never been and were facinated by the police competition and amazed at all the bikes

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Thanks for the tour and pics. I was hoping to ride up there this year but work got too busy for time off. Maybe next spring.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i took a bunch of pics mark, here are a few more

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Some great old bikes there. Wonder how folks survived on them without wind screens, radios, cruse control, highway pegs and backrests. Thanks for the pics..

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some great old bikes there. Wonder how folks survived on them without wind screens, radios, cruse control, highway pegs and backrests. Thanks for the pics..
i'll let you know next year after i start riding the 750f to work and to mom's. no windshield, fairing, radio, cruise control, or drivers backrest. i will be adding some highway pegs. more pic's to come

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Oh, man. I love that picture of the BSA. That was my first bike. Twin Amal carbs and Lucas (Prince of Darkness) electrics. Sure wish I could find one (reasonable) to put around on.

Two-Wheel,
I still ride on my Yamaha without the wind screen. Love that wind through where my hair used to be.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm going to be adding some more pic's when i get home from work. got a few more bike bic's and the police skills event

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, man. I love that picture of the BSA. That was my first bike. Twin Amal carbs and Lucas (Prince of Darkness) electrics. Sure wish I could find one (reasonable) to put around on.

Two-Wheel,
I still ride on my Yamaha without the wind screen. Love that wind through where my hair used to be.
don't remind me of the lucas electrical and smiths instruments, i had a norton :D

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok some more pic's

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and and this beauty

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hey detdr, was that a Mach III (the white one?) in the group? Got the bejeebers scared outa me on one of those once:eek:. The old Beezers and Nortons were quite a prized machine in the 60's and 70's. Loved my Commando even if it was Fireflake Purple and had the shifter on the wrong side:eek: but they weren't alone in the world there. Still think they miss-spelled the name on those carbs though, should have been A-N-A-L for as tempermantal as they were:rolleyes::D

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Sure enough on those carbs. I once had mine stuck open on the BSA when I twisted it too hard. Made for an interesting few moments until I got the clutch pulled in and turned the key off.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts