·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by 3pm i'll be without a rideable bike, goldwing or otherwise

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
:eek::eek::eek: I heard about the clutch, now what?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:eek::eek::eek: I heard about the clutch, now what?
haven't had a chance to bleed it. the1500 is heading to the shop to have the new tire mounted and new rear brakes put on and dewey had an accident on the 450. none of the 750's have a plate or insurance on them so i'm kinda bikeless

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Well, wear your new shirt if that helps at all:cool:

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Doc hope you can get this taken care of before next weekend? Good Luck.

Well, wear your new shirt if that helps at all
Hey Hey don't be spilling the beans.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
You must be going through withdrawal. Is Dewey ok after the accident??

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i took the 1500 in so it would be ready for next weekend. dewey's left glove came off and he lost some skin on his left hand otherwise he's ok. now i justhave to get afew parts for the 450, most i have already ordered. i just found out that i'll need the bracket that the left foot peg mounts to. and saving the best news for last, i got the1200 road worthy by bleeding the clutch until all the old fluid was out the system

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
Glad you got the 1200 up and running. :)

I need to do the same on my 1200, the slave cylinder is sticking and I've never changed out the fluid. :(

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Glad you got the 1200 up and running. :)

I need to do the same on my 1200, the slave cylinder is sticking and I've never changed out the fluid. :(
so am i :D. look on the left side of your wing and remove the crankcase breather overflow bottle, you'l need a 10mm socket. while you have it off drain it. once the bottle is out of the way you can see the bleeder screw for the slave cylinder, it takes an 8mm socket. you can do all the work yourself, i did and you may need a flashlight to spot the bleeder screw the first time. i pulled the clutch lever with my left hand and opend and closed the bleeder with my right

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
i pulled the clutch lever with my left hand and opend and closed the bleeder with my right
Install a set of speed bleeders and it will make the job much easier.....:)

They make them for the brakes and the clutch. Just need to remember to fully close them when through bleeding the lines or you will make a big mess.......:eek: (don't ask how I know...:rolleyes:)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Install a set of speed bleeders and it will make the job much easier.....:)

They make them for the brakes and the clutch. Just need to remember to fully close them when through bleeding the lines or you will make a big mess.......:eek: (don't ask how I know...:rolleyes:)
if you look on the back of the motor where the slave cylinder is you would be in no hurry to put a speed bleeder on. infact using the 8mm socket and a long extension was the only way to do it, there wasn't enough room to get my hand in there

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
if you look on the back of the motor where the slave cylinder is you would be in no hurry to put a speed bleeder on. infact using the 8mm socket and a long extension was the only way to do it, there wasn't enough room to get my hand in there
At least on the 1500 Honda got smart and put an extension tube on the bleeder so it is easily accessed.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At least on the 1500 Honda got smart and put an extension tube on the bleeder so it is easily accessed.
i know all wings from '79 - '87 have the bottle and all 1500 wingshave the tube or tubes that are capped. my cb450 nighthawk and both '79 cb 750's have a capped tube.once when i first got my '79 750k the breather tube was sooo backed up that it started running like it needed a tuneup and i was still 40 miles from home

1 - 14 of 14 Posts