Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Big Tex, 6 x 12 foot utility trailer with a drop gate mesh ramp for sale. It has radial tires, spare, jack wheel, tounge lock, and D ring track for secure tie downs. You can fit 2 Goldwings. I have had 2 quads and 5 Dirt bikes on at one time! I paid $3500.00 for this trailer new. Have Illinois title in hand. Paint has faded a bit.

$1500.00 Must pick up. Hawthorn Woods Il, 60047
Chicago Burbs

·
Registered
326 Posts
Two Wings on a six-foot wide trailer? I guess so, but it would be tight. Nice trailer though, and handy for more than JUST bikes, which makes it an even better deal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two Wings on a six-foot wide trailer? I guess so, but it would be tight. Nice trailer though, and handy for more than JUST bikes, which makes it an even better deal.
I have had a 2000 GL1500 and a mid 80's GL1200 on the trailer, you need to keep the first bike as far off to one side facing forward, the second bike on the opposite side, facing back. The key was to use the center for the saddle bags and keep the handlebars / fairings over the edge. This worked well as the side rails are only about 15" on the trailer and you could tie down anywhere. I have also had 2 quads and 5 dirt bikes on it at once. Careful planning and don't waste a single inch of space!

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
No offense but it appears you may have paid too much for a single axle 6x12 trailer. And your asking price for a 2002 model appears a little high to me too. Perhaps it has some custom features. I've got a 5500 lb. tandem axle custom built 6x16 pipe trailer wrapped on sides with expanded metal with ramps that I paid 2k for in 2006. You might reconsider your asking price and check out prices on Craigslist in your area to get a fair assessment of what a trailer like this goes for. Maybe prices up your way are higher than down here in the Lone Star state.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No offense but it appears you may have paid too much for a single axle 6x12 trailer. And your asking price for a 2002 model appears a little high to me too. Perhaps it has some custom features. I've got a 5500 lb. tandem axle custom built 6x16 pipe trailer wrapped on sides with expanded metal with ramps that I paid 2k for in 2006. You might reconsider your asking price and check out prices on Craigslist in your area to get a fair assessment of what a trailer like this goes for. Maybe prices up your way are higher than down here in the Lone Star state.
Thanks for the input, But I guess mine must have been built better than yours. I just sold it for $1500.00 to the first guy that looked at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.