Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike set for 6 months, I drained the fuel refilled and wont fire over added b-12 and still wont. Any other ideas other than dealer? plaese help:(

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Did you have it on a trickle charger or a better tender while it set. How old is the battery?
Just be cause it will turn over doesn't mean there is enough battery to start the bike.
Try recharging the battery.
And Welcome to the GWOF

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
What year wing is it.?
1.Crank it over a few times and pull one of the spark plugs and see if you can smell any gas.??
Got Gas, yes.
2. If you can smell then ground the plug to the engine and crank it over and see if you got spark. ???.
Got spark ???
3 get a can of starter fluid from the Auto parts store and spray some into the air cleaner and see if it will start.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Ouch, sorry my field is pretty much the 1500. I know to change the air filter on the 1800 is a pain in the butt. I don't even know where the opening for air intake on the 1800 is Sorry.
An 05 with only 5000 miles things could be pretty gummed up.
Best of luck.
Sorry can be of much help.

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Is the "Kill Switch" in the run position?

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Anybody know where the fuel filter is on the 1800, Isuppose it could be gummed up setting that much. At least it's an in expensive place to start if you can get at it.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
There technically is no fuel filter on the 1800.

When you turn the key to the "on" position, do you hear the fuel pump whirring? If you don't, you might want to check your fuses & relays.

Mark

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Sooooooo.........what's the scoop?
Typical moron, never come back for help.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.