Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thanks to all of you that help answer many of my questions over the past weeks. I'm now the prowd owner of a 1998 GW SE :D

The bike did not come with the basic owners manual so I don't have any basic operating instructions. Rather than list every subject, I thought I just try one general subject per day to ask about.

So today is the radio day !

Many of the radio controls I get but there are a few that I don't.
(It also came with a CB which I won't be using for now)

Buttons located on center console

1. Button for AMB is for what and used how?

2. Button for Pro/Ch is for what and used how?

3. How do I set the radio stations in memory? Holding the M button while on a station does not seem to work.

4. Button for mute does not seem to work?

5. What the button with the triangle symbol for? Next to M button.

Knobs controls (center console location)

1. What is IC control for?

2. What is AVC for?

Right Handle bar grip thumb control pad

What is the trigger type switch do and how?

Thanks for any help and if anyone know of a online owners manual for the 98's, please let me know. Sevice manuals don't tell me who to operate all the controls.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Boy, I had a 98 GL1500 SE and I'm having a hard time remembering what each button did. Here is my best guess on the one's I can remember.

AMB has to do with Ambient balance which affects the sound from the speakers

IC has to do with intercom adjustment

AVC has to do with automatic volume control which raises the volume the faster you go..

Pro/Ch have to do with either setting stations into memory or switching between memory stations (I think).

If you can post a pic of the audio panel, maybe that will spark some more of my memory.

·
Super Moderator
15,239 Posts
i got an owners manual for my '93 se from the dealer for $17 so call your local dealer first. the pro/ ch is to program the station into memory and change channel that youv'e stored

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Being as you have a 98, you should be able to get the manual from a dealer. The triangle button could be the four way flasher, but I suffer from the dreaded k.r.a.f.t. disease and like TW don't recall all the buttons/procedures/locations worth a darn. Shoot, I forget what went on yesterday half the time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts