Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the postings on cleaning the windshield...it seams Plexsus and Pledge has won....But what do you use on the Plastic trim, the Hard shell trunks and side bags and gas tank and the control console?

What about the AL wheels?

Looking for sugestions :confused:

Need to keep the 2010 for 30 years...better start now protecting her.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I use Plexus on everything except the seat and wheels. I use armorall on a dry cloth and wipe off the seat. On the wheels I just use good old carwash soap and a rag. You need to be careful with what you put on the wheels because they are aluminum and can be affected by some products. Also you don't want to spray anything "slippery" on them because you might get it on the disks and cause a breaking problem.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Mark, If I'm on the road & there are ugly things I want to get rid of I use my Plexsus on everything. I keep it in the bike. The Pledge gang, believe do the same thing as well. I just might have to try this Pledge thing now that think about it. Does anyone know if they make it Unscented? I really don't want to be riding & thinking of my dining room table.

Anywho. If at home nothing beats the nice hand washed bath you can give your "baby" & I do mean the Goldwing. As my Two Wheeled companion stated on the wheels just soap & water to clean & ALUMINUM wheel polish if you want.

Get out and Ride & clean it when you put it away.:D

·
Registered
402 Posts
I use warm water and microfiber towels to clean my '08. I give it a "sponge bath" after every ride and the warm water disolves the bug and road residue quite well. It gets an occasional Meguires wax job to make bug removal easier, and Plexus on the windshield and headlight lenses every other trip to keep them crystal clear.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I wash mine just like a car, car wash liquid and water and a hose, been doing this since 1985 with no problems. After all the bike is a touring bike and made to stand up to water. I use armor all on the vinal and a good wax on all other body parts. I carry a can of Honda spray cleaner and polish for touch-ups on the road

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have a Mother's power ball for the wheels, and do pretty much what everyone else has stated. I have a Mr Clean car wash system, but have never tried it on the bike, works great on my truck and the wife's car though...no water spots which is really nice with my well water.

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies....:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Something no one has mentioned is a Bike Spray product by McQuiers (sp?). You can get it at Walmart. Works great between rides or at pit stops. Does a real good job getting the bugs off. Other times its Plexus or sometimes I use Dry-Wash-n-Guard, a silicone wash product I use on my MotorHome. Works good on the Wing also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts