Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I assembled my new trike sized Bike Barn motorcycle shelter. Since I recently bought a Tow Pac for my 95 Aspencade, my old Bike Barn tourer model was too small and the cover needed replacement. The polyester cover is good for about 5 years before needing replacement. The tourer model is designed for big touring bikes like the Goldwing and is plenty big enough for a 2 wheeler. My Tow Pac measures 63" wide as the 72" trike model is very spacious and roomy for my new trike modification. Assembly is a few hours. I bought my original Bike Barn in 2008 for my Burgman Maxiscooter as it was always waterproof and never blew over even in high winds. It has a security locking device as well to prevent opening. The Bike Barn is a quality product which brought me back as a returning customer to order again. As you can see in the pics it opens nearly completely for easy access to bike and provides a bomb proof shelter against the elements for those without a garage or shop. I am not associated with Bike Barn as this is simply a users review. http://www.thebikebarn.net/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Dan....I think I will have throw a BS flag on it being bomb proof ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Wish I'd heard about these before I spent all that money on an underground bunker.:p:rolleyes:
Dan you shouldn't set yourself up like that.:D

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
That's a nice looking shelter, it's about time they made something to cover a trike instead of flimsy covers that critters get under.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey Ron and Ref, may not survive a nuclear blast or an East Texas tornado or an East Coast hurricane but it will survive a turd floater of a rain storm. My old one has been through a few marble sized hail storms too and straight line winds that broke the umbrella off our outdoor table. Never been through a rain storm with horned toads falling from the sky however.

I'm excited Val to try out this new mega sized Bike Barn with the Trike.

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
That'll work!:)

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
when i got the 1200 wing i thought about getting a bike barn but the squirrels would just claw through the side, too bad there isn't a bike barn made of plastic

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i got the 1200 wing i thought about getting a bike barn but the squirrels would just claw through the side, too bad there isn't a bike barn made of plastic
As you can see from my pics I live in the woods as we have lots of squirrels but they never have been a problem and no critters have ever tried to nest in the shelter. One of my customers uses moth balls on her roof where squirrels were chewing on woodwork.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
everyone in the neighborhood using a tarp to cover anything outdoors complains about squirrles tearing up the tarp and the stray cats are no better, they will do the same

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
everyone in the neighborhood using a tarp to cover anything outdoors complains about squirrles tearing up the tarp and the stray cats are no better, they will do the same
Interesting; the behavioral differences between animals in their natural environment and those in man made environments like housing developments.

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
I don't have problems with critters, but the wind and snow tend to do damage.

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
We have lots of squirrels, chipmunks and mice but not much of a bother on the sheds and covered stuff. Rabbits haven't chewed my apple trees either (yet) but Bulwinkle knocked some branches down on one of them. My bikes stay indoors/garaged for the winter. That's a good looking rig though.

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey DanB, could it be you don't have a problem with critters getting into your bike barn due to the rattlesnakes coming in first?
Funny, seems like folks that aren't from these parts think we're over run with rattlesnakes. Haven't seen one in nearly 30 years. We do however have lots of copperheads concealed in the pine straw here in East Texas. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts