Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What about running boards for the driver? Are they comfortable, useful, etc? I know, to each his own. And what are these Baker air wings that everyone talks about? Deflectors?

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Floor boards: I have them on my 93 almost from when it was new and really like, got rid of the pain in my knee I had when I had the pegs, You sit more like when in a chair your feet aren't tucked back behind the knees.
The air wing mount on the out side edge of the fairing, and can be adjusted to either deflect the away from the rider and passenger or onto them. I like them.
If you have a passenger you might think about Arm rests for them.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Cal,

The only thing with the floorboards is if you are shorter of stature you may find it a bit tough to get your feet down.

My list of addons were pretty much for comfort or performance. Sorry Ron none of that Gawdy:ThumbsDown: (safety) Chrome.

Xtall windshield
Highway Pegs
Custom seat/Backrest
Armrests (For her)
Air Wings
Hand Wings
Heated gear hookup
Compufire Alternator
Progressive Springs
Transformer Boards (For Her)
And Instead of Floor Boards I opted for these, they add a similar comfort to a board but more flexibility to the ground.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/958/ISO-Wing-Pegs-without-Adapters

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I've mounted floor boards on 6 of my Gold Wings including my new 2012. For some reason that I haven't discovered yet, the Kuryakn floor boards on my '12 aren't as comfortable as I thought they should be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.