Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the site that sells those boots with high Heels.I did a search, and No luck!!! :(

·
Registered
201 Posts
Not sure exactly what you're looking for Phil but I bought HD MC boots last summer. They
have a double sole and heel like my old combat boots I had in the Navy. I like
them,they're made for riding,tough boots,good leather.

-Robert-

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure exactly what you're looking for Phil but I bought HD MC boots last summer. They
have a double sole and heel like my old combat boots I had in the Navy. I like
them,they're made for riding,tough boots,good leather.

-Robert-
Hi Robert
What I saw some time back was Engineering boots with thicker heels and soles. Not sure what site it was on so thought I would just ask, since I can't seem to find the Company that sells them on line.I don't want to fool around with strings ! Thanks for the note.

WA9FWT Phil

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did some Google searching also and came up with little. The only thing I fond that I thought close to your discription are these: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3088073...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6007676&P=2
Gee thanks!! I think Mz Vickie better let you out of the house more often. So I'm still on the hunt to find those Boots.

How ever I did find something yesterday.I have been looking for that ABS Black Plastic pipe (Hard to find ) found used piece to now make a repair on my fairing.
WA9FWT Phil

·
Registered
108 Posts
Try (Leatherup.com) They have decent boots at a reasonable price. I have purchased 2 pair from them & was very happy with the fit & quality.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I raised my short ass up by four inches when I bought a pair of boots at tallmenshoes.com. They look like ordinary shoes but give you a great lift.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Gee thanks!! I think Mz Vickie better let you out of the house more often. So I'm still on the hunt to find those Boots.

How ever I did find something yesterday.I have been looking for that ABS Black Plastic pipe (Hard to find ) found used piece to now make a repair on my fairing.
WA9FWT Phil
Something good came from nothing ? Honest, I did do a Google search of various key words. Frustrated, my only recourse at 6:30 a.m. is bologna. But I have seen the added heal shoes at Harley dealers. Their site just doesn't distinguish them from all their other over-priced items. Ditto on Peppyone : http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcycle-Boots/Motorcycle-Short-Engineer-Boot/42068.html Here they are ! Think I'll get a pair myself.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Red Wing makes great motorcycle boots with thick soles & heels. See the 9" boots at "Bridgeport Boots" - I paid $100 for mine and love them. They had some for the wife as well. (Much better after break-in period)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Red Wing makes great motorcycle boots with thick soles & heels. See the 9" boots at "Bridgeport Boots" - I paid $100 for mine and love them. They had some for the wife as well. (Much better after break-in period)
Thanks, The wife or the Boots ?
WA9FWT Phil

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Chopin114: Can you please elaborate on how you plan to use the ABS pipe to make repairs.
Thanks,
Carl334
Carl334: The ABS black plastic repair is the brainchild of WA9 WTF! . Sorry, I meant WA9FWT. I think it is post # 5. Phil hails from " She-bong-an " WIS. We can only wonder what he's doing up there with the pipe piece. Appreciate it if you would check up on him. Thank's in advance . BTW : " ABS plastic ground down to an average diameter of less than 1 micrometer is used as the colorant in some tattoo inks. Tattoo inks that use ABS are extremely vivid. This vividness is the most obvious indicator that the ink contains ABS, as tattoo inks rarely list their ingredients.[2]." ~ Wikipedia. Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Chopin114: Can you please elaborate on how you plan to use the ABS pipe to make repairs.
Thanks,
Carl334
Hi Carl,and that other guy in Centreville.
My fairing and I guess all fairings on hondas are made of ABS. What you do is find that Black plastic Pipe or even maybe PVC pipe. Rasp the pipe, the Black stuff, into a lot of shavings and I mean a lot.

Mix the shavings with that stuff Plumbers use, ABS cement, PVC cement or Multi-Purpose Cement from Ace Hardware.Make a slurry of it to fasten a part, in my case a metal brace to the bottom of the fairing to fasten the broken holding corner. The " slurry " bonds or melts right into the ABS, it just doesn't stick like glue does. Of coarse all of this Black slurry is on the inside of my lower fairing so no one see's it. I guess it could be painted, but never tried that.

They say Acetone will work too, as it is the solvent for ABS. That has to dry a lot longer then this Slurry. So you have to work quickly, this stuff dry's fast

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Just my .02 guys but being from the HVAC trade. Although the other plastics can/will work with mutipurpose glues. If you really want it to be right use ABS (black pipe & black glue). Multipurpose stuff & disimilar plastics breakdown after some time.

Again this is just some Plumbers opinion. Good luck with repairs.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just my .02 guys but being from the HVAC trade. Although the other plastics can/will work with mutipurpose glues. If you really want it to be right use ABS (black pipe & black glue). Multipurpose stuff & disimilar plastics breakdown after some time.

Again this is just some Plumbers opinion. Good luck with repairs.
Thanks for the heads up on the glue cement, I learn something new everyday and will have to look into that Black Plumbers Glue.

WA9FWT Phil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts