Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What different ride charactaristics are the Radials verses Bias? Mileage difference? I have a GL1500, 33K. I have a 60/40 split on riding to and from work and 2 up touring. It seems that Dunlop E3's is the most recommended on Forum. Opinions?

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I never ran radials on my 98 GL1500. When I had to purchase tires I bought the OEM's that came with the bike. Got about 14-16k out of each set without any problems. I know a lot of folks like the E3's though. Buy what you like and like what you buy. Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
you won't find many choices for radial tires for a 1500 wing not that i have used any on a wing. e3's were recomended by a good friend so thats what i got when i needed tires for my 1200 wing and i'm happy with them

·
Registered
172 Posts
I ran radials on my Valkyries but I run Bias ply Dunlop E3's on my wing. Seems like they get the best reviews from GL1500 Wing riders. I can't tell the differance at all.

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... I'm Not Sure What Year They Changed The Rim Design But I'm Thinking Anything Pre 2000 The Rims Are Not Designed For Radials ... Check With Your Dealer ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
2000 was the last year for the 1500, I don't think you can buy a radial tire for the 1500, 01 was the first 1800 and they came with radials, the rims are different.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Radial Tire for the 1800 ONLY, as the Suspension is tuned for Radial Tire Use, the 1500 is Not and it is not recommended to use Radials on a 1500.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just had to make a second 100+ mile round trip to my dealer because they put a radial tire on the front of my 1500! When I got home with it the first time I noticed they had put the wrong tire on it and called them! It was supposed to be an E3 but it was a Dunlap radial. They said not to ride it and to trailer it back so they could make it right!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts