Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve always been a huge fan of BG44K gas treatment. I’ve never used it in my Gold Wing until now. I’ve got about 20k miles on it and I noticed it was a little rough just above idle. I put about 1/3 of a can in and run one tank of fuel. The hesitation is gone. Anyone else used it in their Wing. I’m not associated with BG other than paying a lot of money over the years to buy it!

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
23,453 Posts
I’ve always been a huge fan of BG44K gas treatment. I’ve never used it in my Gold Wing until now. I’ve got about 20k miles on it and I noticed it was a little rough just above idle. I put about 1/3 of a can in and run one tank of fuel. The hesitation is gone. Anyone else used it in their Wing. I’m not associated with BG other than paying a lot of money over the years to buy it!

Steve

I use Ethonol free gas from Marshall, VA. Plugs have over 50,000 miles on them and I get at least 250 miles a tank. Of course, they don't serve pork there .

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use Ethonol free gas from Marshall, VA. Plugs have over 50,000 miles on them and I get at least 250 miles a tank. Of course, they don't serve pork there .

Not surprised they have ethanol free gas to go with their pork free bacon.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
My 06 developed the cold start stumble after a few years. My local dealer suggested I try putting three cans of BG44K in three consecutive tanks of gas. It didn't help as far as I could tell. My 17 has a really bad cold start stumble that I will try the last can of BG44K on. I am not expecting it to work but it can't hurt.

If I notice any change I will update.

·
Premium Member
23,453 Posts
I remember the cold start stumble take off, especially in its younger days. Haven't experienced it in years.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I use it a few times a year. they make it in smaller bottles for MC or other small equipment. It's also a fuel stabilizer.
It does a great job of keeping the injectors clean and carbon build-up down on the backside of the intake valve. it works best when used to prevent an issue rather than solve one. IMO

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I have experienced a slight stumble when I start riding immediately after a cold start. I now let the bike idle for a couple of minutes while I close the gate and put on my gloves. There is no hint of a stumble then.

·
Administrator
25,969 Posts
Any injector cleaner can't hurt. Those orifices are very small and takes a minute amount of clog to create an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts