Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Body jewelry Scaled reptile Asphalt Twig Wood

Hey everyone… just wanted to warn of a potential issue on your chrome plated clutch lever. About 6 yrs ago - I replaced my OEM lever with a chrome beauty on my 2012 GL1800. But on the way home part of the pivot pin snapped off leaving me with no gear-shifting capability. I nursed it home jamming gears when absolutely necessary. It was extremely dangerous as I couldn’t keep up with traffic nor stop. I still had my original factory lever and was able to put Humpty Dumpty back together but it was freaky scary.

· Registered
2,141 Posts
my wife said yesterday evening "what would we do if China quit making stuff"

my reply "we would be able to get stuff that would last"

· Registered
2012 gl1800
1,495 Posts
my wife said yesterday evening "what would we do if China quit making stuff"

my reply "we would be able to get stuff that would last"
Then the companies here that sent production over there would have to hire people here again, lower profits and pay for skilled workers. But, that will never happen. The CEO's would never take a pay cut to pay for the people actually running the companies, the workers.
How those people can sleep by doing this is beyond me. Our economy goes downhill and the Chinese are making huge gains at our expense
But then, the owners of the company are living VERY WELL
Our government has let this happen for decades.

· Registered
2,141 Posts
Then the companies here that sent production over there would have to hire people here again, lower profits and pay for skilled workers. But, that will never happen. The CEO's would never take a pay cut to pay for the people actually running the companies, the workers.
How those people can sleep by doing this is beyond me. Our economy goes downhill and the Chinese are making huge gains at our expense
But then, the owners of the company are living VERY WELL
Our government has let this happen for decades.
[/QUOT
greed and power and greed

when these rich people and companies can dump all they want to into elections, it will only get worse

I think politicians should wear a suit with patches and such like a NASCAR fire suit, so you know were they got the most money and who the "really" work for

· Registered
2012 gl1800
1,495 Posts
greed and power and greed

when these rich people and companies can dump all they want to into elections, it will only get worse

I think politicians should wear a suit with patches and such like a NASCAR fire suit, so you know were they got the most money and who the "really" work for
It's been like that forever. Even some of the past, present and future politicians have their fingers in foreign companies. A few even own them. Maybe the red and blue ties should be advertising for their companies.

· Registered
32 Posts
I remember complaints with the Chrome brake and clutch levers when the Gen5 Wings came out. Back then it seemed to be mostly issues with micro-switches not contacting properly. Regardless, I never wanted Chrome anyway with then a 2005 that was Dark Portland Grey. And now with my 2006 Grey - Black Wing.

Corventure Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts