Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all the new members; you can see I am one myself for only a matter of a couple of weeks. I bid you a bittersweet welcome. I felt I should forewarn you that once you have this Goldwing bug it can become quite consuming. You may find that you will spend disproportionate amounts of time and money on the Wingstuff website looking at hundreds of accessories for a bike you don't even own yet. I did exactly that. You may tell yourself that you like the Goldwing but you are not into "bling". I did tell myself this precisely. You may be very level headed and tell yourself that you will keep any accessory purchases to a minimum and that you will just learn the bike first before you add any 'extras'. Yes, I did hear those words come from my mouth.

I am telling you now, do not believe what your brain is telling you. Cut your cards now! OR give them to a friend or loved one and beg for their help NOW! Do not go near a computer with Internet access. This website is dangerous; there is no limit like an ATM where you can only withdraw a limited amount of cash. Trust me, you can and will just continue buying! I searched this forum. There is no group therapy here. The inmates are running the asylum! You have been forewarned!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
We feel your pain Donald,

Buying a goldwing is like buying a Christmas tree. The more bling you add, the more it needs. Getting the bike home is the just the beginning of the end of your wallet.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Been there, Done That. (Hey! Wingstuff didn't even give me the T-Shirt.:D)

Although I must admit that my purchases were about Function/Comfort.
"Billy Don't Do Bling".

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i too am a wingstuff addict donald. just when i think i have everything i want on my wing i see something else i want. having two wings makes things worse, if a part looks this good on one wing then i need it for the other wing too

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Oh buzz... your double cursed, TWO wings... or is that double blessed... hum.... Remember... In God we trust.... The rest pay cash... Ride safe.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Who would blame a man for buying bling for his wing?
Hopfully not the woman that wears that $5000.00 wedding ring and you have been fathfull for all those years. Not the kids you fed, loved and provided a home for 20 years and paid for a good bit of their education.
Who else matters?

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is not the wife (none) nor the kids (none) that make buying bling the thing; It is the banker that get's the canker when I forget to thank her for the loans to buy the bling for the Wing!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Support Group !!

There should be at least a 12 step program that will wing us from wingstuff :eek: Everytime I get a call from the dealership saying my wing is ready for pickup, I tell him to keep it and install something else !!

Bingo,
Wingstuff, It's my drug of choice :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
There should be at least a 12 step program that will wing us from wingstuff :eek: Everytime I get a call from the dealership saying my wing is ready for pickup, I tell him to keep it and install something else !!

Bingo,
Love the signature, Bingo.

I told my wife when we were dating that I had vices. I sought them out, cultivated them and I was comfortable with them. If she any ambitions to remove them from my life, I would replace them with other vises not doubt worse than the ones I had. I never tho't of my bike in that regard but it fits just as you said.

It's addictive and expensive. Goldwing add ons are higher on my priority list than glasses and teeth cleaning.

As you said, maybe we need to start BA.org and help each other get off the bling.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I, too, am fast learning that the Devil has handcrafted the Gold Wing. I rec'd my first Wing Stuff package today...a headset for my flip-front helmet. I don't have a "proper" helmet for the missus of 27 years. Till she is set up, it'll be another $500.

This, my friends, is chicken feed. My other Wing is a Cessna 182. We measure things in "AMU", Aviation Monetary Units, each one is 1K. There is no such thing as buying anything aviation-related for less than one AMU.

Good luck, all of you sinners! :-[)

Randy

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I, too, am fast learning that the Devil has handcrafted the Gold Wing. I rec'd my first Wing Stuff package today...a headset for my flip-front helmet. I don't have a "proper" helmet for the missus of 27 years. Till she is set up, it'll be another $500.

This, my friends, is chicken feed. My other Wing is a Cessna 182. We measure things in "AMU", Aviation Monetary Units, each one is 1K. There is no such thing as buying anything aviation-related for less than one AMU.

Good luck, all of you sinners! :-[)

Randy
I didn't know there were options between a Honda and a Harley. Good info.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
This is the equivalent of the neighborhood drunks meeting at a bar to discuss a drinking problem! Bartender... give us a round!!!

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Ah Donald, but what a way to go, eh? It's one thing to learn early on in the Wingstuff game, but once bitten by the bling/farkle bug you're hooped. Like TW says "In God we trust, all others pay cash" but he missed "for everything else there's Mastercard":rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts

Bingo,
i thought i found a 12 step program that would wing me from wingstuff and it took me here www.cyclemaxohio.com :)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Dam now I am addicted to Cyclemax!! See what you have done!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Buzz!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Dam now I am addicted to Cyclemax!! See what you have done!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Buzz!!!
i was just warning you about the 12 step program i took:D

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Thanks, Buzzard, where was your 12 steps when I needed them.

My plate says, " MY 401K"

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well.... I picked up my Wing 7 days ago. The first Wingstuff delivery arrived the day before I got the bike. Second one on Wed, third one today. The way I figure it, I have demonstrated a fair amount of self restraint don't you think? I mean I could have just bought it all in one day right? :confused:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts