Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of replacing the windshield on my 2012 Goldwing looking for some recommendations. Need something a little taller and that would block some of the wind from the wife. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I have the F4 and love it!!!

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Most popular choices seem to be the F4, V-Stream, and Windbender. The sad part is it's hard to test one before you buy. I have the Windbender and I'm very happy, but either of the other two are great choices as far as reports go.

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
The F4 +4 ( extra tall, non-adjustable) will probably be the best for her. The compromise is that unless you have a long neck you will probably be looking through it 24/7.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a WindBender, and a full set of Baker wings.
The WB is very adjustable. You get all your stock adjustment, plus another 2 or 3 inches. I can get the ST from under my line of vision to way over my head... The WindBender also allows you to change out the top shield very quickly to suit what kind of riding you are doing. I use the ST when my wife is aboard, and I have an HP for off highway, or hot weather solo riding. The WB is quieter than other shields I have tried, and controls rain better. It is a split-screen design, so air is directed up on the backside as well as the front. With a stock shield, the raindrops depart the shield right into my eyes. With a WindBender I can watch them shoot up over my head. I have the electric option, which I just love...

If you are a look-through guy rather than a look-over guy, The Tulsa style will give you a huge calm area, but it is huge itself, is not adjustable, and you can't look over it if it fogs up suddenly (which I have had happen..)

You mentioned keeping the wind off your wife... The other thing the will help your wife is a set of Hand Wings (at least), and the Air Wings. A lot of the bad air that pounds your wife comes in under the mirrors, so redirecting it gives a huge benefit.

As Budoka mentioned, it would be great if you could ride bikes with the different screens and / or airwings to see what works best for your wife. I know you are nowhere near Florida, but if you get down sometime you are welcome to try mine.

=Dave=
olddogmoto.com (under construction)

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I have a WindBender, and a full set of Baker wings.
The WB is very adjustable. You get all your stock adjustment, plus another 2 or 3 inches. I can get the ST from under my line of vision to way over my head... The WindBender also allows you to change out the top shield very quickly to suit what kind of riding you are doing. I use the ST when my wife is aboard, and I have an HP for off highway, or hot weather solo riding. The WB is quieter than other shields I have tried, and controls rain better. It is a split-screen design, so air is directed up on the backside as well as the front. With a stock shield, the raindrops depart the shield right into my eyes. With a WindBender I can watch them shoot up over my head. I have the electric option, which I just love...

If you are a look-through guy rather than a look-over guy, The Tulsa style will give you a huge calm area, but it is huge itself, is not adjustable, and you can't look over it if it fogs up suddenly (which I have had happen..)

You mentioned keeping the wind off your wife... The other thing the will help your wife is a set of Hand Wings (at least), and the Air Wings. A lot of the bad air that pounds your wife comes in under the mirrors, so redirecting it gives a huge benefit.

As Budoka mentioned, it would be great if you could ride bikes with the different screens and / or airwings to see what works best for your wife. I know you are nowhere near Florida, but if you get down sometime you are welcome to try mine.

=Dave=
olddogmoto.com (under construction)
+1 Windbender. My wife said there's very little buffeting. Believe me, if there was I'd hear about it. Nice thing about it, is it's adjustable. I have the manual adjustment model. I leave mine down at lowest setting for me and highest setting for Deb.

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
I added the Tulsa mirror deflectors almost as soon as I got the bike. I picked them over the Bakers because of the colour match to my bike's paint ana more OEM look once on. Same with my choice on the shield, it goes good with the colour; my W/B is the dark bronze lower section and the light tint for the upper section. The light tint allows for looking through if I have to raise evrything up high for conditions, but has a nice custom appeal at regular height (for me) settings. I did mount the Baker leg lowers last year for mostly bugs and some of the cool weather, and they are great additions, but the colour's off (a blueish tint) so I'd prefer a bronze tint for matching. Both the mirror deflectors and leg lowers added to the reduction of the buffeting already vastly improved by the Windbender.
Any body needs a stock shield, you're welcome to mine just PM me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've had the Windbender HP & the there new ST,F4+2 and the V-Stream SE. The V-Stream is the only one my wife liked,I liked the Windbender for solo riding and the F4 was as bad as the stock windshield for both of us.

·
Vendor
169 Posts
Johnnie1, the F4 +4 shield has been designed for the ultimate protection for the folks who ride two up. Couple that with a full complement of Baker Air Wings for an extremely comfy ride. The F4 +2 previously mentioned was not designed to help the passenger with buffeting and mic noise as the +4 was. Ask folks who use an F4 +4, then decide.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i got the TULSA TALL when i bought the bike along with a full load of BAKERS. now, i can almost light up a smoke while riding down the road with a bic! lol..... yall keep on winginit rick

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Johnnie1, the F4 +4 shield has been designed for the ultimate protection for the folks who ride two up. Couple that with a full complement of Baker Air Wings for an extremely comfy ride. The F4 +2 previously mentioned was not designed to help the passenger with buffeting and mic noise as the +4 was. Ask folks who use an F4 +4, then decide.
Can't argue with the +4. Have a good riding bud with one. I'll have to put the wife on his bike and take her down the highway with it. If she likes it, I'll have do decide if I'm OK with looking " through " a windshield all the time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got the Windbender ST in June and I really like it. It's calm in the seat but not isolated, just a nice breeze over your head. I can change it from look over or look through in just 1 minute.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Got my F4 +4 at Americade last year and the Wife and I LOVE IT!!! Cleans up with just vinegar/water & paper towels and this shield is crystal clear. Intercom works better due to reduced buffeting too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.