Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how most riders hang their toll passes on the Wing? Currently I'm using tie wraps to secure the pass to/thru the windshield vent. Works fine but looks like crap. :) If you come to Florida, go online a couple of weeks before you get here and pick one up, Sunpass that is. Saves you a ton of time and hassles. Just trying to boost tourism in FL. :)
Ride Safe,
T-Rex

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
I also would like to no , I put mine in my pocket then take it out when I get close

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wait till i get a notice in the mail, then i pay it online through my toll pass. I have tried different ways to carry it, in my jacket or on my dash (i wont do that one again) and still i get a notice sometimes. So i decided not to carry one and wait until they send me one.

They once sent me a notice for 55cents, the letter and stamp cost more. Go figure:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
I have a company commercial toll pass in my service van that I occasionally transfer to my Wing as my route dictates. As I approach the toll booth I pinch it in the windshield vent. I would love to ride to Florida if it weren't for I95 south getting in my way.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I made a pit stop at an oasis on the Illinois tollway. There was a toll authority booth there so I asked the lady behind the desk. She said to get a lanyard and plastic "ID-type" holder and wear it around my neck. Keeps the hands free and the only thing that looks silly is me. (so what else is new??)

·
Registered
49 Posts
put mine in the right glovebox works fine

·
Registered
768 Posts
I used to keep my old one on the windshield but the rain got to it. however my new one doesn't take batteries and has a much stronger signal and now it works in the left pocket.
so if you are using a old sun pass spend the money and get a new one its worth it to not have to worry about tolls any longer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
e-z pass

I made mine from a plexy, same size as ezpass. 2 slits for velcro wrap afix plexy to left side handle bar, velcro holds ezpass to plate.
I use it for either bike and it removes easy for security.

·
Registered
124 Posts
why can't you use the provided self-stick things that come with some of them. My I-Pass (Illinois) has these things with little nubs, Called dualock, they should solve the problem, just mount anywhere the thing has a clear view of the sky. Available through I-pass, I would imagine most states offer something similar. Or just use auto grade double stick tape used to put on trim, available at most auto paint/supply stores.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I made mine from a plexy, same size as ezpass. 2 slits for velcro wrap afix plexy to left side handle bar, velcro holds ezpass to plate.
I use it for either bike and it removes easy for security.
Can you post some pics of your setup? Some folks may find that handy to see...

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Too bad they don't come with some sort of clips like you would have for a sun visor that you could clip on the windshield and take off if it rains..

·
Banned
2 Posts
I have the last version of the Florida Sun Pass that uses a battery. I commute the turnpike daily and wanted to stash the Sun Pass out of sight and the weather. Hate it on the windshield. The pockets up front did not work. I read somewhere that someone put it inside the trunk lid so I figured I'd give it a try. It works even with the electronics burried in the lid and the Kurry luggage rack on top. I put a couple of cable clamps using the exsisting holes in the inner lid and have a zip tie to hold it when the suckie cups loose their suck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
I have the last version of the Florida Sun Pass that uses a battery. I commute the turnpike daily and wanted to stash the Sun Pass out of sight and the weather. Hate it on the windshield. The pockets up front did not work. I read somewhere that someone put it inside the trunk lid so I figured I'd give it a try. It works even with the electronics burried in the lid and the Kurry luggage rack on top. I put a couple of cable clamps using the exsisting holes in the inner lid and have a zip tie to hold it when the suckie cups loose their suck.
Mine stays in the work van, but this weekend I used it to commute the Dulles Toll road and the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel. Being a novice I clamped it in my jaws as I approached the overhead reader. Not pretty, but effective.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Mine stays in the work van, but this weekend I used it to commute the Dulles Toll road and the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel. Being a novice I clamped it in my jaws as I approached the overhead reader. Not pretty, but effective.
could have velcro it to your helmet

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
What are the sizes of these things? Maybe they'd fit in the little trunk pouches, there's be very little to interfere with the signal as the pouches ar just plastic with very littler metal in them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mine works fine locked up in the right glove box.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
could have velcro it to your helmet
Things that make you go.... hmmmmmmm. I'm a bit paranoid about the EZ-Pass transponder when using it on the bike. I positioned myself in the fast toll lane with my pass in hand with my hand in some position that I can't remember exactly how and the gate didn't trip! A very uncomfortable position to be in on a major toll exit unless you have the gate to yourself, which I did. Back peddled the bike the full 20 yards and shoved that transponder up at the face of the reader and took off like a bat out of hell. Trust but verify is my motto now.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Lee your a better man than me , I would have kept going and just payed the fine , that is the lazy in me coming out

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I changed windshields I mounted mine inside the cowling between the intake vents. The unit doesn't have to be visible to operate

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Lee your a better man than me , I would have kept going and just payed the fine , that is the lazy in me coming out
It was a gated express lane. Like svk1200, I would mount mine somewhere if it was a permanent fixture of the bike.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts